Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Chops xxx

Yes, you will always have wonderful memories of your lovely mum and that is a precious thing :)

We are going out clothes shopping together this morning...in about 10 minutes actually...and also some lunch, should be nice :)

Wish I could join you for lunch. Sounds fun. Enjoy!

I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book! :) :)

That's pretty special. Your cousin did a special thing by putting that together. Lucky you. :)

I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book! :) :)

I am so happy for you, what a nice thing for your cousin to do. After my aunt died my cousin took all of the wonderful family picture's my aunt had and burnt them, there were boxes of them.She would never explain why.

I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now! :)

A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.

A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.

:LOL: Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!

I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now! :)
LP--you should try Kool Aid dyeing (it is always easier to dye at s/one else's house, but...), you can do Kool Aid dyeing in the microwave. I suspect the woman hand-painted the yarn. I used to hand-paint warps (with dye) before warping my loom. I have gorgeous stuff that I made using that technique. Messy, but fun. You'll have to post a picture! I wanna see!

:LOL: Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!
:)Sweet. I used to put my 2 Saints in the back of my Volvo wagon, the 2 Newfs in the back seat, and my mixed breed in the front passenger seat and go for gas on Friday afternoons at the station that gave out dog biscuits. I had to stop doing that after I almost caused a 3 car pile up because people gawked when I drove down the street...I always thought it would make a cute Volvo ad...

That's a lot of dog in a small car...:LOL:

I had to chase off the pharmacy dog Friday, He was showing up every 20 minutes for a treat.

Patron will be coming in to the office this week...he has a new collar with skulls and crossbones...he's still trying to prove he's tough!

Attachments

• new collar.jpg
    new collar.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 69

I had to chase off the pharmacy dog Friday, He was showing up every 20 minutes for a treat.

Patron will be coming in to the office this week...he has a new collar with skulls and crossbones...he's still trying to prove he's tough!
It was just over 600 lb--not as much as when I loaded 5 Saints in it...:huh:

Is it possible to NOT spoil a face like that?

I knew the minute I saw this on my Facebook wall what it was. It is my great grandmother's bed, made into a bench. My aunt made this. I love that she found a way to bring a family treasure out of storage.

dixie%2527s+bed.jpg

That's so cool, BC!

I looked out the window, and saw a baby bunny and a baby groundsquirrel playing together! OK, maybe they were fighting, but it was really cute! Then they disappeared into one of my gardens to eat more of my plants.

Back
Top Bottom