"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #2931
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
My first ever mail from Texas!!!!! Thanks TG!
wow, you just got it?? lol. I'm glad you got it. I'm wondering on some others though that went over seas.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #2932
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
I'm excited. After having an ice storm canceling our meeting last Tuesday, I'm going to meet some of my DC family tomorrow!

Constance (and her DH, Kim) and I are scheduled to meet tomorrow for lunch and I can't wait.

Don't know, as yet, where we'll be eating, but I think the food will be secondary to the company and the conversation.

Let you know more later. Yeah!!!
WooHoo, Katie!!! I'm so happy for you and Constance and Jim. (And more than a little jealous.) I know it will be just like seeing old friends. Now y'all behave out in public and be sure and post every wonderful detail.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #2933
Head Chef

I am so excited!!!! I just opened up the ginormous box that was waiting for me when I came home from spending the day with my mom.

Inside I found the perfect American made two handled Peterboro pie basket that would hold not one but two pies--it came with a tray!!! Peterboro has been making these special baskets since 1854. It even has a picture of a pie burnished into the top. MMMMMM Pie!!!!

If that were not enough, he included two sets of evenbake cake strips. And a leather journal and fancy pen (executive style 4-in 1 Pen with D flashlight) Wow!!!!!

Whenever I play in the secret santa game, I always send my gifter a special something that I have baked to say thank you. So, now, I have to figure out what David would like. This is my favorite part of being involved with my old board. I love that we manage to have a really special holiday gift exchange.

(We also set up a fund in case someone gets gypped and so everyone gets remembered. It has not been often that this has happened--we have been lucky)

PS My secret santa explained about "The Pie Basket": When I found this 2 pie basket made by a great american basket company, it had to be yours.. And to personalize it we (I got the graphic, my mom traced it on for me, & robert (his mom's boyfriend's son) did the woodburning with some extra touchs) woodburned a pie into the top.

Now, isn't that the coolest thing?!!!!!!

David has muscular dystrophy and has made it into his twenties. He is a lovely young man who loves bread and lives in Arkansas. So, I guess I shall be overnighting him some bread as soon as I get a cloche. I also want to make some challah. I am still sooo excited!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #2934
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to GrantsKat
Quite simply..... DC!!!!!!! whenever I come here I am always welcomed & no matter how bad my day is going.......someone here puts a smile on my face!!!!! Thank You!!!!!

Babymaker
GrantsKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #2935
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantsKat View Post
Quite simply..... DC!!!!!!! whenever I come here I am always welcomed & no matter how bad my day is going.......someone here puts a smile on my face!!!!! Thank You!!!!!
We love all our family members and want to make you all happy..

kadesma
Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #2936
Certified Cake Maniac

My DH, tired as he was and unable to eat much, took me for Chinese food, just cause I wanted to. He had to help me over the icy sidewalk and then drive on icy streets, but we had a nice meal and came home. How could I not smile when I am loved so much.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:11 AM   #2937
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
My DH, tired as he was and unable to eat much, took me for Chinese food, just cause I wanted to. He had to help me over the icy sidewalk and then drive on icy streets, but we had a nice meal and came home. How could I not smile when I am loved so much.
How special, so glad to see you both so close and ahppy
kades
Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #2938
Head Chef

I found my mom snuggling under the blankets and she invited me inside. We chatted in bed together and she was very happy that I visited. She said the best part of dinner last night was dessert. lol
Old 12-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #2939
Senior Cook

How sweet Susan! Those are the days we cherish..........

Barb
Old 12-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #2940
Certified Cake Maniac

Susan, I am glad your last two visits have been good ones. These are definitely ones to remember!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote