"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 01-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #2981
Head Chef

I am melting some chocolate to temper it. I am finally finishing the truffles I started. ;-) It is snowing, too--so I figured now is a good time to play in the kitchen.

I love how my hands smell of chocolate after I am done tempering chocolate and dipping even after I have washed them--they are softer from the cocoa butter, too.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #2982
Executive Chef

Husband had a job interview this afternoon - he feels it went well. The part that makes me smile is that it's actually here in town!

Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #2983
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher's mom View Post
husband had a job interview this afternoon - he feels it went well. The part that makes me smile is that it's actually here in town!

yay!! Lots of luck fisher's dad!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #2984
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
Husband had a job interview this afternoon - he feels it went well. The part that makes me smile is that it's actually here in town!
I've got my fingers crossed for him and you...
kades
Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #2985
Executive Chef

Thanks y'all. I was starting to get cranky after 5 years of being a single mom except for some weekends!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #2986
Head Chef

I spent two hours with my mom this evening and she had a really wonderful evening. I was so happy I could cry. It was the sharpest she had been a so long. It was amazing!
PS She had two Black Forest Truffles and was in Seventh Heaven. She loves my ability to bake, make candy, jam etc.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:20 AM   #2987
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I had a very blah day (feeling very stupid and useless) and my best friend, Christi made me smile. She is determined to move me forward in my plans (that I have had since September but haven't yet acted on) and has set up my first baby steps, part of which includes shutting down my computer and going to bed the very second I post this message. Christi always knows how to make me smile!

Barbara
Old 01-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #2988
Certified Cake Maniac

I had a follow-up appointment with my physiotherapist, first in a month. I knew it would be a tough appointment because my leg has been swelling and painful of late. But my smile came when I showed up with three small tins of goodies I made for my primary therapist, her assistant and the receptionist who is such a sweetie. They were all thrilled.

Anyway, when we were trying to figure out what was causing the problems, I said that maybe with the weather I was not active enough. Without missing a beat my physio says "or maybe you have been too active....doing all this baking - but don't get me wrong, I am so glad you did". Truthfully I think my baking is a selfish act. I do it so recipients will make ME smile!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #2989
Head Chef

^I understand totally. I just took some Black Forest Truffles to my neighbor and friend, Carmela.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #2990
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
In addition to smiling, I'm laughing like a fool. I was looking for something worthwhile to watch on TV tonight when I stumbled on a channel that was airing a live performance of "Cyrano de Bergerac." It's great and I've done nothing but smile and laugh since I tuned it in.

One thing that's especially amusing is the girl who is playing Roxane, looks for all the world like little younger Julia Roberts.

« Finally | - »