"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Bucky and Maidrite... and the way they love their families!! It always makes me smile.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #22
DC Grandma

The town of Fair Oaks where my son moved to has Chickens that run where ever they want to. No, we are not in the country either.He called me today to tell me he was in the park and saw three chickens sleeping so he sat down and one of them let him pet it. Sounds silly but this is the first time he has ever been that close to a chicken..( he is 33 years old..)

Dove

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:40 AM   #23
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Last night whatching my kids play with the neighbors kids & TC kept our neighbors daughter from getting stung by a hornet. She was about to stick her hand in their newspaper box & TC grabbed her arm to stop her. When he did, it startled the hornet & stung him on the hand. He didn't cry a bit & the little girls mom was ever so thankful because her daughter is allergic to bee stings. Naturally, I was sad that TC got stung but it made me smile because he was thinking of someone else.

The 2nd thing to make me smile was Savannah this morning. She came downstairs as soon as she woke up & gave me a big hug & kiss. I asked her what it was for & she said just because I love you.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #24
Executive Chef

After 9 hours at work, on my feet, I came home to the best family in the world (mine)!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:34 PM   #25
Master Chef

so many of you guys have mentioned your babies/kiddos making you smile. they can just make your day.
i can't wait till i'm expecting my first baby. not till next year, though.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Yeah, kids are great. They are just so much fun. You never quite realize how much until you have your own. I don't think my husband was that thrilled with the idea of having kids, now he wants a whole bunch. We've got the most awesome kid! With another awesome one on the way!

Hmm...as I was writing this, my 2 year old took off all his clothes and spilled water all over his chest. A big gasp, followed by a laugh and him saying "more." Sure, he made a huge mess but there is another smile for the day.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM   #27
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
I smiled today when I told my waitress she had beautiful eyes. She DID! It made HER smile and blush.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:30 PM   #28
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
...The 2nd thing to make me smile was Savannah this morning. She came downstairs as soon as she woke up & gave me a big hug & kiss. I asked her what it was for & she said just because I love you.
Crewsk:

That brought a smile to my face just now, thanks.

Boy, do I miss moments like that! I'm in the no man's land between when my girls are adults and when they make me some grandchildren.

I get to share my SO's grandchildren but we don't see them often enough as they live in Florida.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Yeah, kids are great. They are just so much fun. You never quite realize how much until you have your own. I don't think my husband was that thrilled with the idea of having kids, now he wants a whole bunch. We've got the most awesome kid! With another awesome one on the way!

Hmm...as I was writing this, my 2 year old took off all his clothes and spilled water all over his chest. A big gasp, followed by a laugh and him saying "more." Sure, he made a huge mess but there is another smile for the day.
Heck it was only water and I'll bet just looking at his face made the having to clean up worth it My grandsons at times can take my house apart, but, listening to the giggles and big ol belly laughs, to see them look at me with those big blue and green eyes, to feel their little arms around my neck and smell that smell that little ones have...I'd let them do about anything...Not bratty things but just read everybook in the book case or play with every toy..Sure I use to have to pick it all up, but, now they are beginning to pitch in and help me... My own kids were always so special to me, but these grandkids...MIRACLES each and everyone.
kadesma
Old 07-18-2005, 10:36 PM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
dw didn't know i was home, and was singing jazz and big band tunes to my son. when i walked upstairs, my smile grew like the cheshire cat's when i saw her teaching him to dance.

today, when he heard a catchy tune, he started stomping his foot up and down with a big grin and the funniest fake laugh.

he also now knows his ears, mouth (sticks out tongue), hair, belly, nip-nips (which is a source of instant giggling), and feet.
Bucky,
he sounds just like our Ethan, who is now, showing us his ears, nose feet...He does the cutest little dance when he gets excited..This little guy has been walking since he was 10 months and is as cute as can be. He has the huge blue eyes with long, long black lashes and tho he doesn't say very much, when he babbles it melts your heart... So, I know just what you felt cathing them unaware and enjoying every minute of there play. How wonderful for you.
kadesma

« Finally | - »