Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh how lovely. I have the happy tears too.

I'm reminded of a friend who got a bone marrow, stem cell transplant from a stranger for leukemia. This was after a huge internet campaign to find him a compatible donor. Unfortunately, though the transplant worked fine, it didn't cure his leukemia. He died less than a year after being diagnosed. :cry:

Oh how lovely. I have the happy tears too.

I'm reminded of a friend who got a bone marrow, stem cell transplant from a stranger for leukemia. This was after a huge internet campaign to find him a compatible donor. Unfortunately, though the transplant worked fine, it didn't cure his leukemia. He died less than a year after being diagnosed. :cry:

The love and devotion Larry Swilling has for his wife is so touching, when he started crying on camera I was a lost cause.

Just finished watching our cat dreaming! She was making little happy air-leaking-from-a-balloon noises like she makes when she eats something she really likes, and her one front paw was twitching and making kneading motions. Wonder if she had caught a mouse in her dreams - which is the ONLY place she can catch one since she's a strictly-indoor cat. :LOL:

I received this in an email today. Sure made me smile.

img_1301888_0_4ebff1bf2470e13b0b75048e3dd147f2.jpg

Just finished watching our cat dreaming! She was making little happy air-leaking-from-a-balloon noises like she makes when she eats something she really likes, and her one front paw was twitching and making kneading motions. Wonder if she had caught a mouse in her dreams - which is the ONLY place she can catch one since she's a strictly-indoor cat. :LOL:

Kali and Misty do this also! It is very cute!

Your friend,
~Cat

Saw them both on FaceBook yesterday and love them.

I wanted to post that here, but couldn't think of where to put it.
This article made me smile. It's from the USA Today website.
Dairy Queen Worker's Intervention
It's a shame when this kind of thing is a news item.
I would like to think that it is not all that uncommon, but maybe I am just naive..
Maybe I'm naive too. I think it just doesn't get observed often, so we don't know it's happening.

Teddy. His daily routine is he jumps up on my bed for his daily scratchies, then goes over to see what I have put in his dish and drinks some water. Then he goes and flops down on his mat right near Spike and falls sound asleep.

Well, yesterday, Spike took Teddy for his six week bath and haircut. Not one of Teddy's favorite activities. He came in, jumped up on my bed, snuggled right up to me and flopped down to go to sleep. I had to get up and I disturbed his sleep. So he jumped down, went over to where Spike was sitting, turned his back on Spike and just sat there staring at the wall. Spike called him to jump up on his lap. Teddy was sulking. He wasn't talking to Spike. He just sat there with his back to Spike and totally ignored him. "I'll show him!" I called him and he came running. He refused to even look at or respond to Spike for at least an hour. What a spoiled little brat!!! And all because he had to have a bath and a haircut. Something he hates. Spike and I couldn't stop laughing. :angel:

I'm smiling ear-to-ear with a few tears streaming my cheeks. All happy.

I just went out back to hang some laundry on the line and I was greeted by the most beautiful bell-like sound and realized that Glenn had rehung our Corinthian Bells wind chimes. They'd been down for a while and I just love the sounds they make. So melodious and gentle. Nothing could've been more beautiful on this sunny, clear first day of fall. I think I'm going to spend a little time on the back porch in the hammock this afternoon and enjoy the music some more.

I love wind chimes! They tend to disappear around here, I guess others don't like them as much as I do.:LOL:

I love wind chimes! They tend to disappear around here, I guess others don't like them as much as I do.:LOL:

These are gorgeous and we've had them for several years. One of the nicest things is that the clapper is wooden, which makes such a beautiful sound against the metal chimes.

You can click on the link I posted and hear a brief sound clip of our chimes.

Back
Top Bottom