"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #3031
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
PLease keep in mind that I love my husband...and I love my friends... and I love my life...

But...after having people here since wed. and being busy... I'M ALONE!!! AND IT FEELS GOOD! QUIET IS NICE! ( i'm sure i'll miss Paul in 20 minutes, lololol but for now, it's nice)
Alone.....I'm trying to remember what that is. I think I was alone once.

Really, it has nothing to do with how much you love the people you live with. It's just nice to have the chance to miss them occasionally! What did you do with your time, Trish? People have asked me what I will do when the kids are finally ever gone. The first thing that comes to mind is to walk buck naked from the shower to the bedroom!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #3032
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol... I played here on DC!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #3033
Head Chef

Having this place as a refuge and being able to discuss issues without flaming or things getting out of hand.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #3034
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
Having this place as a refuge and being able to discuss issues without flaming or things getting out of hand.
ditto............
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #3035
Master Chef

ok, one thing making me smile is seeing the landscaping coming together in my yard.......our yard has been looking .........well.....let's just say I apologized to a few of the close neighbors.........I'm only here for a few months of the year and my son is NOT Johnny Appleseed..he doesn't know a weed from an ornamental...in Houston this is the time of the year to be planting.... our summers are brutal to plants...it's really looking beautiful and I can't wait for it to be finished which should be this Wednesday.......the front planter is going to be full of rosy pink fashion azaleas which will bloom several times a year (similar to rhodendrons but it's too hot for them in zone 9).........I wished that I could do it myself but.......
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #3036
Chef Extraordinaire

Having a movie date with Mr. Mr. yesterday and then having a quiet meal together..it was wonderful, right now he is cutting the meat for pasties and tonight Ethan, Olivia Mommy and Daddy will join us for pasties, salad and chocolate cake and ice cream...now that makes me smilePlus knowing many of my DC family are smiling too
kades
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #3037
Certified Cake Maniac

This is more than a smile, it is an out and out belly laugh! My little bichon, Joie, just dragged the bigger dog's food dish (half his size) all the way from the kitchen, down two halls and here into the office. Do you think he is hungry? Maybe suffering from delusions of grandeur? LOL!! I guess I better go feed him. I just had to share, it was too cute!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #3038
Chef Extraordinaire

a few things that my little buddy did this past week.

he started crying the other night while eating his dinner. i asked what was wrong, and he said that he didn't want to sell the house and move this year.
i kept asking why, and telling him all of the great things that he would have in a new, bigger house.
he finally blurted "but home is where the heart is!!!! this is our home!!!"

i couldn't understand where that was coming from. where in the world did he learn it?
but then i heard the tv on in the living room. one of his kiddie shows was on, and they were singing a song called "home is where the heart is..."

the next thing he did that made me both smile and wince was when he told one of his doctors that she had nice boobies. (she doesn't, but at least i know that he's batting for our team...)
my wife was mortified (and laughed too, but mostly embarrassed), and apologized, and explained to him that you don't say that to a woman. then, she made me explain it to him. many, many times.

i know it must make me look like a creep teaching him things like that, but i didn't, necessarily. he meant it as a compliment, and there's a simple explanation. a log time ago, he and i were playing lions, waiting in the brush for our prey (mommy) to walk by. he said, "we'll pounce on mommy's big butt". well, mommy didn't like hearing that too much, so i told him to pay her a compliment and say "nice butt".
i taught him that it makes people feel good to pay them compliments. i guess he was expanding on that with his doc.

the last thing that made me smile was when i was heading back into work saturday night. as i was leaving, he told me to have a nice day, and have a very happy new year.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #3039
Head Chef

Your story about your son made me smile, Buckytom.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #3040
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
my legs and feet hurt from cooking in MY kitchen all day for once and not from making BAGELS BAGELS BAGELS!!!!!!
:)