"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #3041
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
wha cha cook????

Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #3042
Chef Extraordinaire

homemade bialys, perhaps?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #3043
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
hehe...
Hi my name is Suzi and I am a carboholic.....

French baguettes, 2 gallons of chicken stock and chicken noodle (noodles still to make) soup with some of above mentioned stock....

Here's the good news.... I've depleted my chicken carcass hoarding stock in the freezer from 10 to 5!!!!

YAY ME!!!

('scuse me I better go roast a chicken or 4.....)
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM   #3044
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
homemade bialys, perhaps?
I actually have done that and they are excellent!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #3045
Senior Cook

Receiving a PM from a friend that made me smile and cry at the same time. (In a good way)

I truly love this site and the good people you get to know!!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #3046
Master Chef

seeing a horrible-looking yard transformed into something very beautiful........here in TX along the Gulf Coast our planting seasons are quite different from most areas of the US esp. in the Northeast......if you don't do major transplanting by March you are taking major risks......our summers are brutal and plants need to establish strong root systems to endure heat, humidity, and wee beasties so we're talking January and February......my yard is now full of "Fashion" azaleas and other goodies, beds weeded, mulched, and weed protectant cover installed as well.......all have been edged with new rock borders as well.......while home I used to do all of this myself and the yard looked nice.....but I'm not here anymore and there's noone here amongst the living who know a weed from a bush........3 guys over 3 days have performed this miracle.....I just don't have the time with the few months (month) that I'm here.......and I'm not a young chick, either.......anyway it's beautiful ...the Fashion azaleas are a rose red color and can take heat and sun unlike most other varieties and they bloom several times a year.....they also don't take a ton of water either.......
Old 01-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #3047
Head Chef

My mom is staying put.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #3048
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatgirl View Post
seeing a horrible-looking yard transformed into something very beautiful........here in TX along the Gulf Coast our planting seasons are quite different from most areas of the US esp. in the Northeast......if you don't do major transplanting by March you are taking major risks......our summers are brutal and plants need to establish strong root systems to endure heat, humidity, and wee beasties so we're talking January and February......my yard is now full of "Fashion" azaleas and other goodies, beds weeded, mulched, and weed protectant cover installed as well.......all have been edged with new rock borders as well.......while home I used to do all of this myself and the yard looked nice.....but I'm not here anymore and there's noone here amongst the living who know a weed from a bush........3 guys over 3 days have performed this miracle.....I just don't have the time with the few months (month) that I'm here.......and I'm not a young chick, either.......anyway it's beautiful ...the Fashion azaleas are a rose red color and can take heat and sun unlike most other varieties and they bloom several times a year.....they also don't take a ton of water either.......

I will volunteer to be your January gardener!!!! PLEEEEEEEZZEEEEEE????
Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #3049
Master Chef

Come on board, Girlfriend........I've threatened my son with death if he lets stuff die......I know that you'd kick his bodunkus if you were in charge.....:):):) and give me a few days to sort out the Facebook and how it works.......just too many things going on right now.....

debs
Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #3050
Head Chef

Mike Petrone and his piano stylings.