Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE that blouse, PAG, it's just my style, too. And what a beautiful lady you are. Such nice things to hear from strangers on an elevator, that would have made my day, too! :) Last thing that made me smile big was yesterday....it was my birthday and I spent it with my daughter and grandson - he's 3 and is just beginning to understand the concept of birthdays, and I got so many little grandson hugs. :LOL: :wub:

Cheryl, your post made me smile, we are birthday buddies! Aren't grandkids the best? I had a FaceTime conversation with my 2 & 4 year old granddaughters yesterday, the 4 year old kept saying happy dirt day Nana! Cracked me up..... :).

I LOVE that blouse, PAG, it's just my style, too. And what a beautiful lady you are. Such nice things to hear from strangers on an elevator, that would have made my day, too! :)

Last thing that made me smile big was yesterday....it was my birthday and I spent it with my daughter and grandson - he's 3 and is just beginning to understand the concept of birthdays, and I got so many little grandson hugs. :LOL: :wub:

Well...Happy Belated Birthday!

Last thing that made me smile... <singsong voice>I gave PAG an earworm</singsong voice>

I LOVE that blouse, PAG, it's just my style, too. And what a beautiful lady you are. Such nice things to hear from strangers on an elevator, that would have made my day, too! :)

Last thing that made me smile big was yesterday....it was my birthday and I spent it with my daughter and grandson - he's 3 and is just beginning to understand the concept of birthdays, and I got so many little grandson hugs. :LOL: :wub:

I love the way children learn. I love watching them figure out things like holidays and birthdays, and seeing them start to understand why they are celebrations. I'm glad you got lots of birthday hugs.

Thank you, Princess. :)

Somebunny...."happy dirt day"! That is so funny, I just love the vocabulary of little ones. Makes me smile every time. :LOL:

Thank you, PAG - yes, you can almost see the moment when they realize it! Precious as can be.

Last edited:
There is ten years between baby #4 and #5. So I had the time to really enjoy Poo's baby and childhood. I used to hide around the corner and watch him play. It gave me many smiles. All his Playskool toys made noises. His weeble people talked back to him. His trucks would whiz around the room making great sounds and climb hills right up the front of the couch and over the arm and back down to the floor. Both he and his toys went on great adventures. The bottom cabinet of the TV was the garage for his vehicles. That is where he parked them every night before bath time.

But Sunday was my favorite day. Sesame Street started at six a.m. and was on until six p.m. You weren't going to get him down for a nap. He fell sound asleep right there on the floor right in the middle of all his toys. And if I tried to change the station, he woke right up. To this day I still smile when I think about his baby and childhood :angel:

When tinlizzie and I met for brunch on Tuesday she brought me a beautiful, sweetly-smelling rose from her garden. I've enjoyed having it on our table this week and will pass it along to the ladies in the office when we leave Friday morning. Just looking at this beautiful rose from my beautiful new friend made me smile every day. Thanks tinlizzie!

Attachments

• 2013-11-14 23.33.39.jpg
    2013-11-14 23.33.39.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 178
When tinlizzie and I met for brunch on Tuesday she brought me a beautiful, sweetly-smelling rose from her garden. I've enjoyed having it on our table this week and will pass it along to the ladies in the office when we leave Friday morning. Just looking at this beautiful rose from my beautiful new friend made me smile every day. Thanks tinlizzie!
That's a lovely rose. I'm so glad you got to meet up with Tinlizzie and made a new friend.

Aw shucks, Cooking Goddess. :blush: It was my pleasure to meet you and chew the fat together for a bit. I'm glad we weren't under a bad-weather threat. Maybe you're our lucky charm.

Take care on that long trip home.

I can't wrap my head around home grown roses in November! :ohmy:

That is a beautiful rose. I'm glad the two of you got to meet.

My Sunday was wonderful as usual but my 2 eldest grandsons made the day special. They both sat on either side of me put there arms around me gave me lots of kisses. Of course the 2 youngest tried to keep pace so my day was beautiflul What more could a ma ask for?

kades

My Sunday was wonderful as usual but my 2 eldest grandsons made the day special. They both sat on either side of me put there arms around me gave me lots of kisses. Of course the 2 youngest tried to keep pace so my day was beautiflul What more could a ma ask for?

kades

Sounds like the perfect day to me.

Our grandson had a kids only birthday party at some game site last weekend. I picked him up from school Tuesday afternoon and took him shopping for a gift.

When we got back here, I brought out a chocolate covered chocolate cake with a candle in it and we sang Happy Birthday. He had a healthy piece with vanilla ice cream. While he was eating it he kept proclaiming, "Who makes the best cakes ever? Grampy does!"

Made my day!

Back
Top Bottom