Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hubby, insisting that I have lunch with him today even though the "Greek
Club" is meeting for lunch and he could have gone to that!! He likes me better. lol!

Leaving work early today because we had a meeting through lunchtime.

And I get to work from home tomorrow and miss driving in the nasty heat and confronting the zillion or two Jimmy Buffett fans in cars who will be bearing down on my neighborhood starting about noon tomorrow.

I hope auntdot and Breezy's husband don't have to commute tomorrow. It's not going to be pretty.

pdswife said:
Club" is meeting for lunch and he could have gone to that!! He likes me better. lol!

Yeah, he's up to something for sure. Better check the Home Depot credit card!:LOL:

pdswife said:

Yeah, he's up to something for sure. Better check the Home Depot credit card!:LOL:

vagriller said:

LOL... with him it's GI JOES and REI
And believe me.. the credit card is being used this month!!:(

My UPS man made me smile today. We get alot of deliveries and the dogs usually go nuts trying to get at him.

After he unloaded the boxes today, he walked up to the fence, stuck out his hand and fed each dog a cookie.

It pleased me that he was trying to make friends. :)

It's been pretty quiet here today, no little kiddos to watch, that comes tomorrow..But, I got a great big grin when my daughter called and Ethan said Hi MA, I love you :)

kadesma

my 3 year old cousin made it up that a "kinda" is something happy and then gives me this big kooky grin. So her older sister, Lilah is my twin cousin...im only two hours older than her and we totally conect. so when she had to leave a couple days ago i was totally crushed. but today when i was talking to her on msn she gave me a couple of those opened mouth smilies as a "kinda". that definately put a smile on my face

3am in the morning and I'm on the computer trying to distract myself, my mother in law is not doing well at all--she's dying, and all of a sudden I have cold little fingers go around my neck and it's my 4 year old granddaughter telling me that she loves me. Wow-----she and I both went back to bed and cuddled which was probably the whole idea in the first place.

expatgirl said:
3am in the morning and I'm on the computer trying to distract myself, my mother in law is not doing well at all--she's dying, and all of a sudden I have cold little fingers go around my neck and it's my 4 year old granddaughter telling me that she loves me. Wow-----she and I both went back to bed and cuddled which was probably the whole idea in the first place.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Aren't these little ones just the perfect thing to make us feel all is right with the world, unhappy or not? There is nothing like the hugs and kisses of a grandchild. I'm so glad your was there for you.

kadesma

Yes, K.

it is--thanks for your post---kisses from grandchildren are the sweetest in the world---an angel sent her to me at that time of night and she was dry and went right to sleep--------even better!!!! Thanks again!!

Bittersweet smile for me tonight.
Our dog, Seijo, had to go to vet surgery today. She had a swollen ear that had to get drained and stitched. She has a big satelite dish around her neck. Poor thing. She's so sleepy from the drugs but doesn't want to lay her head down, I think it must make her ear hurt when she does. :(

On a lighter front though, after not seeing his big brother most of the day, Callum started giggling like crazy just at the sight of Aidan.

Sorry to hear about Seijo and her poor ear, those collars are supposed to help the dog and as far as I'm concerned they scare them silly. Those two boys are going to fight like crazy, but they will love each other like nobody can imagine. Each is the others, "HERO" How lucky Cora, two beautiful kids..I'd be smiling too.:)

kadesma

is seijo getting good reception cora? :) does he growl when you try to change the channel? (j/k)

and i'm sorry to hear about you mil, expatty. prayers that she isn't in any pain.

I have a dappy Scottish friend at work, who was speaking to a consultant's secretary on the phone and who kept saying "we need a Pacific reason why you are doing that procedure" instead of specific.

When she got off I was laughing at her and she looked at me very annoyed and said "of course I can say speffissick!"

And we all dissolved into a fit of giggles!

My grandaugter and grandson came by last night. He'd had his first karate lesson and looked so cute in his outfit. He was showing us the "moves" he could remember. He is such a sweet little boy and doesn't always stand his ground so we are hoping this will help.

Monday night at dinner I told my 4 year old how smart he was. He said "I don't see it that way." I was laughing so hard when my wife walked I couldn't speak. She asked what I was laughing about and my son said "whateva."

He got the "I don't see it that way" thing from his Superman book.

Back
Top Bottom