Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: My niece-in-law teaches music in a small school in Joisey. She and a cohort are now singing the school closing recordings that go out to parents. The first one was done to their version of Call Me Maybe, and the 2 hour delay for tomorrow is done to What Does the Fox Say! Love it!

I just finished knitting 100 hats for preemie babies. While we were in Nashville at Vanderbilt Medical Center for my doctor's appointment. I had called the NICU there when I knew the date of my appointment. Told them I had made all the hats and asked them if they would like to have them. I received a resounding, "Yes!"

So...after my visit with the doctor, we walked to the children's section and delivered the hats. The girl who accepted them nearly cried when I handed over the big bag full of colorful hats. She said she was overwhelmed and asked me who the knitting group was that made all the hats. I told her I was the knitting "group." The look on her face then was priceless.

Just knowing that some sweet little babies who are encountering a difficult time can have their heads covered and warm makes me smile, inside and out.

There are two women in the Winthrop Knitting Group that make outfits for stillborn and preemie babies to be buried in. I noticed that they never allow the other women in the group to hold the outfits when looking at them. Some of the outfits for the stillborn babies are no bigger than the palm of my hand. The nurses at the hospital have been told to let the woman who heads the group know when they are low on outfits. She in turn will notify the two needle workers so they can whip up a few more outfits. Each outfit consists of the gown, boy or girl hat, and a small blanket. All matching pieces. :angel:

I just finished knitting 100 hats for preemie babies.....
Thank You Thank You! Our two were tiny preemies. They had cute little knit caps to keep their heads warm. I guess the hospital kept them, otherwise I'd have them in my box of baby mementoes. :huh: If our son had one, his had to have been from the regular nursery. He was only 3 1/3 pounds, 15 1/2 inches long, but his head circumference was 12 inches! :ohmy: Good thing they were C-sec.

There are two women in the Winthrop Knitting Group that make outfits for stillborn and preemie babies to be buried in...
Addie, not all preemie babies need to be buried. I have two 33-year-old pieces of evidence. It's amazing how big that 3 1/3 pounder is now, not to mention his gorgeous 4 pound sister.

The younger one thinks that one is "scary" and about a meanie who shouldn't eat people even if they are purple. Last time I played it for her and was singing along she got really upset and said we should lock that monster away.

Aw...that's too bad...maybe when she gets older it will be funny.

I smiled yesterday because I finished crotcheting two very nice afgans, one for Carl's Mom and the other for DA.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I bet they'll appreciate them with as cold as this winter has been. I still have a huge afghan a friend of my Mom's crocheted for us as a wedding shower gift. We call it the Magic Afghan because when you are really sick and sleep under it you seem to get well quicker!

I'm smiling because my tummy is full, my home is warm, and it's windy and cold outside. Life is good. :)

That's what makes the world interesting vit!

It's been snowing big fluffy flakes today, and they were coming down pretty thick. LittleBit was in the sunroom, perched in the corner on a footstool just for her, and she was oblivious to the fact that it was only 34 degrees because she was trying to follow every flake that fluttered by the window! So funny to see her head on a swivel as well as bobbing up and down. :LOL:

That's what makes the world interesting vit!

It's been snowing big fluffy flakes today, and they were coming down pretty thick. LittleBit was in the sunroom, perched in the corner on a footstool just for her, and she was oblivious to the fact that it was only 34 degrees because she was trying to follow every flake that fluttered by the window! So funny to see her head on a swivel as well as bobbing up and down. :LOL:
She's also wearing a beautiful fur coat. ;)

That fur coat is also something my wussy cat is oblivious to. Most times when the temp is below 50 out there she goes two steps, stops, and turns to make sure we're still waiting by an open door. Then she turns and high-tails it back into the house! :LOL:

I saw a bit of the Aurora Borealis! I have been trying to see it forever. It's on right now: Aurora Borealis Forecast. Everything You Need to know.. I saw, for just a moment, a blue-green streak. There are wispy clouds, but I could see stars. I may have seen some other colours, but it was probably just my eyes playing tricks on me. It's the most I have ever seen of the Aurora. Woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom