"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 AM   #3191
Master Chef

The last thing that made me really smile...
When I picked up my son from school yesterday he was smiling from ear to ear. He than said to me, "Hey Mom, guess what I saw on the bulletin board today on my way to Ms. Wilson class?" I replied, "What was that kiddo?"
He had a biography project in language arts class that required him to do a poster about his subject, with a little convincing from his mom & dad he did his on the gentleman who founded the town we currently live in. Well his poster was one of a few chosen to go up on the bulletin board. It had a giant blue ribbon on it, which also made his day. Ah, School Days!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #3192
Master Chef

Driving home from work on this Friday with the sunroof open, listening to one of my IL DIVO cd's.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #3193
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
The last thing that made me really smile...
When I picked up my son from school yesterday he was smiling from ear to ear. He than said to me, "Hey Mom, guess what I saw on the bulletin board today on my way to Ms. Wilson class?" I replied, "What was that kiddo?"
He had a biography project in language arts class that required him to do a poster about his subject, with a little convincing from his mom & dad he did his on the gentleman who founded the town we currently live in. Well his poster was one of a few chosen to go up on the bulletin board. It had a giant blue ribbon on it, which also made his day. Ah, School Days!
GOMK, congratulate your son for me! I remember in Grade 9 I won a Poster Contest and it was such a thrill! Hearing of his accomplishment put a smile on my face too!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:35 AM   #3194
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Driving home from work on this Friday with the sunroof open, listening to one of my IL DIVO cd's.
This post that reminded me of another moment that makes me smile. While the weather is cooler here in FL I like to take my black lab with me when I take my son to and from school. Her favorite thing is when I open the sunroof and although she isn't tall enough to stick her whole head out (which I wouldn't allow due to the risk of an eye injury), she can stick her nose out to catch some interesting smells. My favorite part is her lips gently flapping in the wind and the sound it makes. It almost sounds like a gobbling turkey.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #3195
Chef Extraordinaire

I got to watch Ethan and Olivia this evening as well as their pup Zbun.Zbun is minature schnauzer as cute as a button with a little black nose and black eyes that peer out from behind black and white long hair. Poor little guy has had to stan in his crate for 6 week, only being keft out to do his business,So it was with great pleasure That I got to allow him his first blast of freedom. I thought sure he would be all over th place and back. We put him out on the grass and he took about 3 steps, then lifted the leg that had been fracturerd and limped over to me and ploped himself in my lap. I put him back on his feet and stood up and I finally got him to follow me of course confidence returned and by the time my daughter cam he was scampering around as wild as the kids

kadesma
Old 03-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #3196
Master Chef

walking 3 miles on my treadmill!! I'm so glad I have it back!! WOOHOO!!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #3197
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoutamykitchen View Post
This post that reminded me of another moment that makes me smile. While the weather is cooler here in FL I like to take my black lab with me when I take my son to and from school. Her favorite thing is when I open the sunroof and although she isn't tall enough to stick her whole head out (which I wouldn't allow due to the risk of an eye injury), she can stick her nose out to catch some interesting smells. My favorite part is her lips gently flapping in the wind and the sound it makes. It almost sounds like a gobbling turkey.
I would love to do that if I had a dog. When I lived in NY, I would take my Australian Shepherd, Duke, to the park and let him run. He loved that, and I miss those days. The people that live below me have a cute black lab. I see the guy walking him when I get home from work. He's a friendly dog, and he came right up to me one day when I got out of my car.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #3198
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
walking 3 miles on my treadmill!! I'm so glad I have it back!! WOOHOO!!
That's what I need to do. I was going to start a walking program last week, but work was such a bear. By the time I get home, I'm too pooped, especially after making dinner/lunches, etc.

The last thing that made me smile was reading that bethzaring saved a baby goat.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #3199
Certified Cake Maniac

Watching my diabetic (and sweet tooth) Dad's eyes light up last night after supper when I served him a large piece of angel food cake with fluffy green frosting and saying, you mean I can eat that?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #3200
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I've been watching TV tonight and my beautiful kitty, Ashley (my avatar), slept on the left arm of my recliner. I just reached over and gently petted his head. He never stirred but, as I was stroking him, a big smile spread across his face. He looked so happy, comfortable and content I just had to smile. It's so nice to be able to provide a safe happy place for my "children.:

« Finally | - »