Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Amazing Race finale winners, first father and son team to win! I was rooting for them since the beginning.

By that calculator Violet and I are almost the same age! That would explain the fact we both suffer from arthritis together, nap together.... ;)

The last thing to make me smile was getting my copy of Penzeys Spices catalog today and it even has a recipe for Sour Cream Rhubarb Cake in it. :)

OMGosh, I'm dying here. :LOL:

Just talked to my daughter. She and my 3 yr. old grandson Tyler went out to lunch today. She ordered a club sandwich and when Tyler saw the red, frilly toothpicks holding it together, he said he wanted sandwich candles too. LOL

Last edited:
Cheryl, that just made me smile more than you know!

When I was doing my apprenticeship with a corporate catering company, I was in charge for awhile of the sandwich station. Some lunches we would make over a hundred sandwiches and each one had four "sandwich candles" in the quarters. And we wouldn't have a lot of time to get it all done!

Oh how I wish I had known the technical name for them then, my job would have been much more fun! :LOL:

I asked my grandson who was the world's best baker and his response was "Grampy!" and he showed two thumbs up. Then SO, not to be ignored asked 'what about me?' and he replied "Meh" and gave her two thumbs sideways.

This is because I make his favorite chocolate cake with ganache.

I asked my grandson who was the world's best baker and his response was "Grampy!" and he showed two thumbs up. Then SO, not to be ignored asked 'what about me?' and he replied "Meh" and gave her two thumbs sideways.

This is because I make his favorite chocolate cake with ganache.

Thanks for that. It made me smile. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

OMGosh, I'm dying here. :LOL:

Just talked to my daughter. She and my 3 yr. old grandson Tyler went out to lunch today. She ordered a club sandwich and when Tyler saw the red, frilly toothpicks holding it together, he said he wanted sandwich candles too. LOL

That's fantastic. I love the way little minds work. When Sproutlet #1 was about 2 years old, she asked me for a "piece of water," once. It took me a moment to figure out she was asking for ice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Back
Top Bottom