Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's worth noting too, not everyone is gonna be as amazing. The Henri guy is in a touring band, equally as awesome to listen to.

Nice video, thanks.

We have several pianos through out the facility. A few residents are very good and give impromptu performances. If I could play, I would spend my breaks at the piano.

I will often find a You Tube that lasts for about an hour and let it play while I am on the computer. Or I will get one of my discs and let it play.

At night when I am settling down for sleep, I will put on the channel that is an arts channel. They play everything from ballet to Broadway. Puts me right to sleep. I HAVE to have music in my life! :angel:

A new family moved into our building in June. I seem to get to know all the kids very quickly or should I say they get to know me! These two are a young boy of 10 and his 6 year old sister. A couple of weeks after they moved in, they asked my neighbour if they had any milk and they didn't but said to try me. When the Mom declared that she didn't know me, the boy said "we know Laurie, she is really great!". So, milk they got!

Well yesterday, I commented that the girl had a very pretty top with butterflies and daisies on it. I told her those were two of my favourite things. She thanked me and then said "you are looking rather lovely today". My heart melted and I had to turn away before she noticed my chuckle at these words coming out of someone so young!

I think these two are going to be providing a lot of smiles. :)

Thanks, Taxy, for the video. Good pianists always make me smile!

They have started putting a few pianos around Vancouver, but since I rarely get into town I haven't actually seen them, only on TV.

Having played piano in my younger days, one thing I noticed was the few broken keys. Sometimes that can throw a player off because their fingers can't glide on and off them but he didn't even seems to mind one bit.

I noticed that he started rather tentatively, as the he was making sure the piano was in tune. At least that was the impression I got.

I saw a 16-year-old girl today at work (I know her parents) and she had a t-shirt on that said in fairly large letters,"If you can read this, you're too close!"

I was eating my dinner in my car at work (don't like the breakroom, and I use my laptop and listen to the radio there during meals and breaks) when I saw one of our cart pushers shove his carts to an empty parking place and suddenly take off.

He ran -- I mean, he RAN -- to an elderly lady who was loading her things into her car and she had some heavy stuff; big dog food bag, case of water, big boxes of cat litter, etc. and by the time I put my food down and bolted out of the car to help, he had done all the heavy stuff.

He worked that fast, I am not kidding. I got there in time to help with the bags and I took her cart away. When her car was loaded, she thanked us profusely. I'm always pretty honest, and I said, "I thank YOU for shopping here. If there's anything we can ever do for you, please, let us know."

She looked at him, and he was a little embarrassed. She said, "Can this young man get a raise?"

I said, "I'll certainly try to do something to help him get a raise."

She smiled, thanked us again, and got into her car. I looked at him, wow, he was almost blushing.

Thanks to his quick action, she didn't have to lift all that stuff. I spoke to our store manager, and wrote a letter about what he did and she put my letter into his folder after reading and signing it under my signature. She was very impressed.

Needless to say, so was I. In about 25 years or so, that could be me. He brought a smile to me today! Bless his heart!

Nice kid. The ones at the grocery where I shop are just as helpful, all of them. I finally had to tell them my cardiologist insists that if I'm going to eat the food I have to carry it.

The Market Basket that I go to is the flagship of all the others in this state and NH. It is huge, fairly new, and unlike a Walmart which tries to meet every need for every family. This is a grocery store only. The old Market Basket that it replaced was dirty, crowded and most of the employees didn't speak English. The Queen could go shopping there and find it a pleasant experience.

Because I use one of the many electric carts, employees go out of their way to be helpful. If I ask what aisle has ketchup, they will not only tell me but walk with me and get it off the shelf. They never fail to ask, "is there anything I can help you with?" Then they go back to what they were doing.

I have even had a couple rearranged my cart. I have a habit of just tossing the items in the basket. They straighten it out and all of a sudden I have so much more room. I really need to get a letter off to the manager letting him know how pleasant my shopping experience is in their new store.

They all speak English. Some with an accent, but English non-the-less. The aisles are really wide and the floors are spotless. No one is screeching over the intercom for an employee to report to their cash register.

I think if I were still able to work, that is the first place I would apply to. Even as a bagger. Close to home and bus service right to their door. :angel:

This was great Taxy! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it odd how some people are just plain oblivious? I guess "you gotta have the music in ya". I quite enjoyed it!
The woman in grey doesn't look best pleased.

I haven't got room for my beloved piano at this house. It's sitting in the old house until we get a tenant but I don't know what to do with it then. It was my grandmother's and I learned to play on it when I was a girl. It'll be 100 years old next year.

The woman in grey doesn't look best pleased.

I haven't got room for my beloved piano at this house. It's sitting in the old house until we get a tenant but I don't know what to do with it then. It was my grandmother's and I learned to play on it when I was a girl. It'll be 100 years old next year.
I sure hope you find a way to put it in your home. Put on your thinking cap.

Himself put a little giggle on my lips last night. When I got home from running errands he came out to the garage to get the grocery bags. When I got into the house I noticed the TV was off, but I knew it was on when I came up the driveway. After the groceries were in the kitchen he went back to the living room, turned the TV back on (CSI was on), and started to tell me that for some reason CBS's schedule was out of whack. Seems some "reality cooking show" was on when he turned the TV off to get the groceries, but now it was CSI. Five minutes later I hear "ARGGGGG!!!" coming from his chair. Oops, that "reality cooking show" was the plot line for CSI. :huh: :ROFLMAO:

Himself put a little giggle on my lips last night. When I got home from running errands he came out to the garage to get the grocery bags. When I got into the house I noticed the TV was off, but I knew it was on when I came up the driveway. After the groceries were in the kitchen he went back to the living room, turned the TV back on (CSI was on), and started to tell me that for some reason CBS's schedule was out of whack. Seems some "reality cooking show" was on when he turned the TV off to get the groceries, but now it was CSI. Five minutes later I hear "ARGGGGG!!!" coming from his chair. Oops, that "reality cooking show" was the plot line for CSI. :huh: :ROFLMAO:

ROFL!!!! That's happened to me, too!

Getting this nerdtastic gift in the mail, made by my aunt!

IMG_20140719_183021436_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom