Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in the garden section of Home Depot earlier today and saw an amazing amount of bees going from flower to flower. Their little legs were loaded down with pollen. Definitely a smile moment.

the kids came to see me today and tje girl brought .me a tinkerbell bandage for my owie

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Last edited:
Have you researched the Norwegian version of the same? Syttende Mai Rhubarb Pudding

The Skald's Corner At TheVikingsWorld.com-Norse Puddings

My grandma made it with tapioca instead of cornstarch.

This one is more of a soup than a pudding:

Norwegian Cold Rhubarb Soup With Mint Recipe - CookEatShare
I have plenty of Danish recipes. The problem is substituting arrowroot for potato starch, which I can't find here. I can only find potato flour and that doesn't work. I used 5 grams of arrowroot for every 100 grams of rhubarb. It was a bit "stretchy". 4 grams of arrowroot for every 100 grams of rhubarb was pretty good. I don't think I will get a exactly the texture I want without the potato starch. The Danish recipes almost all include "nonoxal", which counteracts the oxalic acid.

Taxy, Bob's Red Mill sells potato starch. Do they sell that brand by you? Maybe you can get it online.
The local health food stores do carry Bob's Red Mill. I'll have to check the one that isn't as close.

On the other hand, I just Googled "how to make potato starch" and it looks easy. I can wash the starch out of some shredded potatoes and then make hash browns with the potatoes.

:ohmy: That little guy is amazing! I loved how towards the end he didn't want to stop, and the band went along with him. :LOL: :wub: Saved!

Back
Top Bottom