Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend posted this on FaceBook and it made me smile.

My son and his friends went into little Caesars and mini flashmobbed them with a freestyle pizza song. Instead of being assholes, the staff came out and filmed them, started clapping along (as did the other customers) and gave them free pizza.
They even asked the kids to come back on the weekend.
_____ tells me after "this is what kids do for fun these days"
and I thought "oh thank god"

That made me smile, too, Taxy!

What also made me smile is my birth certificate arrived today and tomorrow we go to the passport office! The cruise date is getting closer so this is cutting it close!

Cute story taxy.

That's great news LP! I'm getting a little bit excited for you and TB myself. ;)

While cleaning in the basement today I ran across a poem by Samuel Clemens that Himself had written down decades ago. It always give me a chuckle when I read it.

6771066275_faa6ae047b_o.jpg

Please let it be true!

News tonight is that the agreement to sell Market Basket, a grocery store that Addie, Andy and I all shop regularly, has been signed and presented to the board of directors. After they sign off (and they had BETTER or there will be a mob of store associates and customers with pitchforks and torches storming the board meeting) the entire store operation will be owned by Arthur T. Demoulas - the one referred to in many news reports as "the good Arthur". This has been going on for seven weeks. Although it has been annoying to me to shop other stores, I cannot imagine the stress the associates are experiencing holding out and hoping that their beloved CEO is once again in charge. I'm just wondering what film company will get the rights to producing a movie!

"Tis true CG. They did sign a binding agreement. All that is left is the legalese stuff for the lawyers. NECN showed film of the employees in the stores already restocking the shelves. I am glad they won. :angel:

So happy this looks like it's over Addie. Shopping over the the last six weeks have been interesting, but I miss the familiarity of my Market Basket. I've found a store with an overwhelming selection of Hispanic foods for the nights I cook "Mexican". And I found my very favorite natural peanut butter, Smuckers, for just 20 cents more than I pay for it back in OH. It's hard to find that brand here, and when I do it costs a small fortune. But I'll head to those alternate stores only if I'm going in that direction for other reasons.

I'm happiest for the associates. When this all started who thought a bunch of employees could force a board of directors to give in to them, returning the deposed, loved CEO of the company to control, and that he manages to buy out the greedy side of the family. This is a story line that will be told, if not in books and a movie, at least in business schools for a long time to come.

So happy this looks like it's over Addie. Shopping over the the last six weeks have been interesting, but I miss the familiarity of my Market Basket. I've found a store with an overwhelming selection of Hispanic foods for the nights I cook "Mexican". And I found my very favorite natural peanut butter, Smuckers, for just 20 cents more than I pay for it back in OH. It's hard to find that brand here, and when I do it costs a small fortune. But I'll head to those alternate stores only if I'm going in that direction for other reasons.

I'm happiest for the associates. When this all started who thought a bunch of employees could force a board of directors to give in to them, returning the deposed, loved CEO of the company to control, and that he manages to buy out the greedy side of the family. This is a story line that will be told, if not in books and a movie, at least in business schools for a long time to come.

A number of years back when they had their famous court fight, it came to fisticuffs. Artie T. punched Artie S. right in the courtroom. Made for great headlines.

I too hate shopping at a new store. I am too old to learn where every thing is. :angel:

My dear, dear, Husband
He makes smile and laugh everyday
21 years ago today, we married in Honolulu
He's the last thing I see when I go to sleep at night
and the first thing I see when I wake in the morning
I thank him everyday
I say I love you everyday
I truly am blessed
Aww. :wub:

Happy Anniversary :flowers:

Latest posts

Back