"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #3371
Senior Cook

My 5 lb. Yorkie sleeping on my lap, snoring like a drunken sailor, lol!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #3372
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybar22 View Post
That just made me smile like crazy!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 AM   #3373
Master Chef

LPBeier, will dill grow just about everywhere? I have a back patio that is paved with brick, and dill is growing out of the concrete between the bricks! Salmon and cucumbers, anyone?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #3374
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
LPBeier, will dill grow just about everywhere? I have a back patio that is paved with brick, and dill is growing out of the concrete between the bricks! Salmon and cucumbers, anyone?
Claire, yes, dill is very hearty and the seeds are small and light so they just grow whereever they land.

As for the Salmon and Cucumbers, when's supper?! LOL

Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #3375
Chef Extraordinaire

found out the great grandchild to be is another girl. that really made me smile. i would have smiled just as much at a boy. that make three great grand girls.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM   #3376
Executive Chef

Quote:

This made my laugh too! There is a somewhat famous Yorkie who rides a motorcycle, and I frequently watch his video on youtube, he is a stitch.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #3377
Senior Cook

DH just told me that we (just the 2 of us) are going on a surprise anniversary trip!! All I know is we're leaving next Friday and coming back the next Tues!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #3378
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
DH just told me that we (just the 2 of us) are going on a surprise anniversary trip!! All I know is we're leaving next Friday and coming back the next Tues!!!
Congratulations on your anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful time on your mystery trip!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #3379
Certified Cake Maniac

Okay, I never thought I would say that I am smiling because we brought my Dad to tears, but that is the case today.

We spent the day at his condo and are getting close to completion of clearing it out, but still have a ways to go. But he is feeling so much better about it and more relaxed so that is a good thing.

It is his 84th birthday on Friday and my sister is out of town then so we celebrated tonight. We took him out for dinner, but before that we gave him the present that she, DH and I gave him.

His eyesight is very bad as is his hearing. We though of a digital picture frame to put all his memories into one place as he doesn't have room for all the albums and stuff and can't see many of them anyway. He does well with his LED monitor so we figured the picture frame would do well. He also has problems reading the caller ID on his phone and we had thought of getting him a large display phone. Well, DH and I went yesterday and found this digital picture frame that is also a cordless phone (which is also hearing aid compatible). And you program it so that a certain picture will come up when someone calls. It was perfect (and on sale!).

Well, he was absolutely surprised and pleased. I only had time to put in about 20 photos but I picked a good cross section I have found while going through his stuff. And when we told him he could have about 6,000 on the memory card we bought he was totally amazed!

My Dad said this is the best present he has ever gotten and was moved to tears. This is a man who is very set in his ways and hard to surprise or please.

My heart is smiling tonight and will continue as we pick the other 5,980 pictures to fill his frame. Oh, and a further smile, DH and he are going over all the features right now - some good guy time for them.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #3380
Master Chef

Having a parent/teacher conference yesterday and being told my son, who is in the 6th. grade was reading at a 9th. grade level. That's nice, you say! When my son was in 3rd. grade he was diagnosed with a learning disability and was almost 2 years behind in reading compared to his classmates. I am still smiling. In fact my face hurts! Proud mom signing off!