Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Omg. Tune into the Saturday Night Live redux on NBC. George Harrison and Paul Simon! Sometime around 1974?

Last edited:
My mailbox has been full. Not from DC posts, but from all my friends that I forwarded Creative's post about the senior trying to log on. What a response. Everyone has a similar story to tell. I know every time I think of it, I can't help but start giggling. Having been married to an Englishman, both my son and I can understand the dry humor of the residents of that isle. :angel:

Yes Addie - I posted that senior password to many also! Not so sure it is Brit humour though....it mentions $$$ and "shoved up your ass" is not really a Brit phrase (we tend to say bum or bottom here!) :angel: :ohmy: :wacko:

Yes Addie - I posted that senior password to many also! Not so sure it is Brit humour though....it mentions $$$ and "shoved up your ass" is not really a Brit phrase (we tend to say bum or bottom here!) :angel: :ohmy: :wacko:

It was the word "bloody" that made it so British for me. I could always tell when my husband was upset because that word would come out. Later he would apologize to me for swearing. I never did understand why he considered that word "bloody" a swear word. Years later I read about the origins of the expression. It comes from "By my Lady". Referring to the Blessed Mother. Said fast, and with just the right accent, it became "bloody". You were taking the Blessed Mother's name in vain. :angel:

It's interesting where we assign meaning/association where, perhaps, there was none. Today I am on a new health resolve (to eat less, exercise more). I left the crisps and chocs still there in the shops! Then, on my way home, on the pavement was an unopened jumbo pack of funsize choc bars! Divine providence or devilish jeopardy? (Of course I took them) :ohmy: ;) Or merely coincidence!

Addie--I'm glad you're feeling better. You'll get a chuckle out of this:

My friend who comes to man the dish sink when I cook for the food photographer shared this with me the other day. She made a chickpea salad as part of her sons' school lunches. The younger boy is 10 and he doesn't always eat everything she sends in his lunch box. There was no chickpea salad left.

"XXXX, did you like the salad?"
"Yes, did CWS make it?"
"No, I did."
"Really? I didn't know you could make anything that tasted as good as what CWS makes."

I love that boy! He's the one that would run to the door when I delivered eggs yelling:

"Real EGGS!"

He still gets Real EGGS, but now he insists his mom/dad drive out so he can collect them fresh from the "hen's butt." We all shake our heads and roll our eyes. Hopefully he'll stop referring to collecting eggs that way.

Last edited:
It's interesting where we assign meaning/association where, perhaps, there was none. Today I am on a new health resolve (to eat less, exercise more). I left the crisps and chocs still there in the shops! Then, on my way home, on the pavement was an unopened jumbo pack of funsize choc bars! Divine providence or devilish jeopardy? (Of course I took them) :ohmy: ;) Or merely coincidence!

You new resolve was not meant to be started on that particular day. You still have plenty of days to start it. After you fun size chocolate bars are gone and out of sight. The intention is more important than the act. :angel:

I am still kicking myself for ruining my grandson's and his GF's first holiday party. I feel so bad. So instead of waiting until Christmas, I am going to buy The Joy Of Cooking and send it to them with a handwritten note of apology to them.

They were so excited about this party. They were telling everyone that would listen about it and all the preparation they were going through. They even showed me their brand new bottle of Gravy Master they bought so that their gravy would be as perfect as last year at Christmas.

Since they just moved into their new home after extensive work to make it a showplace, they can consider it a house warming gift if they show choose to. I will just get something different for Christmas. :angel:

The last thing to make me smile was Addie's comment that she and PF are having bikini weather!

Addie, you crack me up! I almost sprayed my computer with coffee.

My two sweet kitties are making me smile today. First, Bella, who is slightly over 2 and Sally, who is nearly 8.

When Bella came to be with us, she was initially an outside girl and slept on a high table on the front porch near the front door. We prepared a nice, cozy basket for her and she ruled her kingdom from it quite effectively. She was only about 2 months old at the time and, as you might guess, a bit smaller.

Still, even though she's one of the two inhabitants of my studio, she insists in sleeping in her old basket. Guess it is familiar to her and, no question, it's very, very snuggly since she's a lot bigger. Practically needs a shoehorn to get into it. See the first two pics. The first one is when she was a baby. The second one was taken yesterday.

Then, there's Sally who is tiny and always has been. She's stayed kitten size for all of her 8 years. She's claimed the big squishy bed in the old dog basket as her own. What contrast between the two girls!

I can't help but smile when I see how sweet and happy they are.

Attachments

• 005 - Copy.jpg
    005 - Copy.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 147
  • I think it still fits mommy.jpg
    I think it still fits mommy.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 139
  • Sally - The princess and the pea.jpg
    Sally - The princess and the pea.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 134
I can understand why they make you smile. I could be in the blackest worst mood there is. But when Teddy comes running in and jumps up on my bed and starts to lick me, how can I not smile. He is telling me that he loves me even if the rest of the world doesn't. :angel:

Our animals are so precious, even when they aren't ours. I come home covered in dog hair, go to work covered in cat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom