"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #3461
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
it's like uh-oh. :) same thing.
yeppers!! i type it both ways.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #3462
Assistant Cook

When our 3 year old son Ashy wakes up from his nap and runs over to me and insists on a huge hug - all while wearing a huge grin!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #3463
Sous Chef

I have a sun room that I should use more often than I do. In it, I have a hot tub that the smaller of two pumps that just keeps the water circulating died. since it is headed for summer now, I wont be using it, so instead of repairing it now, I drained it, and to air dry the rest of the water not removed by draining, I left the top open.

Here comes the funny part. Both of my current cats in the same day went to jump on top of the cover (normally closed when hot tub not in use), didn't verify the hot tub lid was open.

Both at different times jumped straight from the steps into the hot tub.

Talk about being shocked. they both of course needed to be fished out of the seats soaking wet, with very sorry expressions on them :-)

They are used to jumping up onto the cover to bask on the far side where the afternoon sun comes in (all glass sun room).

I think they'll be checking that the cover is closed before they jump next time :-)

Bob
Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #3464
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperImproved View Post
I have a sun room that I should use more often than I do. In it, I have a hot tub that the smaller of two pumps that just keeps the water circulating died. since it is headed for summer now, I wont be using it, so instead of repairing it now, I drained it, and to air dry the rest of the water not removed by draining, I left the top open.

Here comes the funny part. Both of my current cats in the same day went to jump on top of the cover (normally closed when hot tub not in use), didn't verify the hot tub lid was open.

Talk about being shocked. they both of course needed to be fished out of the seats soaking wet, with very sorry expressions on them :-)

They are used to jumping up onto the cover to bask on the far side where the afternoon sun comes in (all glass sun room).

I think they'll be checking that the cover is closed before they jump next time :-)

Bob

OK that didn't make me smile...it made me laugh out loud!!! I have 2 cats and they are used to hoping in the tub on dh's side to go across and get to the closet on my side. Sometimes I forget to let the water out and they do the same thing. It's a pretty deep tub so they have to swim, lol. They always smell nice afterward and I always promise I won't do it again.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #3465
Sous Chef

You made me LOL for tonight also. Is there an evil grin smiley? I didn't feel as sorry about mine either :-)

Thank you,

You have a good night!

Bob
Old 06-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #3466
Master Chef

Quote:
You made me LOL for tonight also. Is there an evil grin smiley? I didn't feel as sorry about mine either :-)

Thank you,

You have a good night!

Bob
Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #3467
Master Chef

Quote:

Bob
shall we dance
Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #3468
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by katybar22 View Post
OK that didn't make me smile...it made me laugh out loud!!! I have 2 cats and they are used to hoping in the tub on dh's side to go across and get to the closet on my side. Sometimes I forget to let the water out and they do the same thing. It's a pretty deep tub so they have to swim, lol. They always smell nice afterward and I always promise I won't do it again.

my Tigs got a bath yesterday, he smells like pomegranite & mango. i don't think he appreciates that very much.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #3469
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
my Tigs got a bath yesterday, he smells like pomegranite & mango. i don't think he appreciates that very much.
I wouldn't have the audacity to try and give either of my cats a bath. they may be front de-clawed, but I'm fairly certain they can do a good imitation of that discovery channel lion gutting his prey :-)

The dog get's to nervous to give him a bath inside, but when it's nice out, I can give him one with a bucket of hot soapy water and the hose. Off-season, I have these wet-wipe type towelettes, and when I run out of those, I use Fabreeze :-) I was looking at the ingredient list one day, and was amazed that the only ingredients are perfume, and water. I figured what the hay, dogs don't lick where I'd spray anyways.. so every once in a while when he's running by, I give him a squirt. :-)
Old 06-19-2009, 03:31 PM   #3470
Master Chef

it's really not rough giving a kitty a bath! they just meow & meow pathetically & try to jump onto you or from the tub. although some felines resist baths more than others, & that can be very rough!