Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it when Joyce gets the funny look on her face when she threatens to shoot Lilly's singing rabbit toy! Ha!

So very many things made me smile today! Gwen took me to Olive Garden for our lunch and there was a fussy baby behind of her. I looked around and began to make funny faces at the boy and he began giggling!

It is raining very much here and will not stop until perhaps Tuesday. I heard Joyce say to her husband tonight, "If this rotten weather keeps up, we're building a dang Ark and rounding up some animals! What's a cubit?"

Tonight Gwen said, "Cat, I missed you so badly." I said, "Like a wart, yes?" That made her laugh!

I didn't know Joyce is so very funny! She's always so serious before. Perhaps it was because her husband was very ill and he had many health problems so she was worried of him so very much, yes?

The new little young cats are very funny! The older adultery cats try to stay away from them for they are too playful. Molly, the little one, likes me! She slept in my bed last night! That brought many smiles!

~Cat

Last edited:
My neighbour and her daughter came over last night with a slice of gluten free cheese cake, strawberry sauce and whipped cream with a "1" candle on it. I asked about the 1 and Emma, the 10 year old said "it is because you are #1 in our hearts". I am still smiling. :)

My neighbour and her daughter came over last night with a slice of gluten free cheese cake, strawberry sauce and whipped cream with a "1" candle on it. I asked about the 1 and Emma, the 10 year old said "it is because you are #1 in our hearts". I am still smiling. :)

Oh how very nice! You must be a number One here also, yes?
This is making me with smiles also!:):)

~Cat

We were discussing cheese slicers in another thread. I found a beautiful, green, marble cheese guillotine and the Sally Ann for $3. :w00t: I have no idea where I will store it. :ermm:

Something to make me smile today was my grandson Josh and I going to our city's farmers market. I got some of the long red and white radishes, tomatoes, a red onion to slice on burgers and to put in salads and some garlic bulbs. Then for a treat we got a warm apple cider donut with cinnamon sugar all over it. YUM! It was a beautiful fall day and we had so much joy seeing all items that make fall season so special.

Something to make me smile today was my grandson Josh and I going to our city's farmers market. I got some of the long red and white radishes, tomatoes, a red onion to slice on burgers and to put in salads and some garlic bulbs. Then for a treat we got a warm apple cider donut with cinnamon sugar all over it. YUM! It was a beautiful fall day and we had so much joy seeing all items that make fall season so special.

Nothing better than eating warm donuts with someone you love! :yum:

Sitting across in the diner from Shrek while we had chocolate malts and french fries. He remembered we used to do that, once upon a time in a land far, far away....

Grandson Josh got his report card today and he got all A's. What a kid. It's a good thing he can't see some of the report cards that his grandma got.:rolleyes:

Remembering a joke:-

.... We get a better class of mugger in our neighbourhood. After they mug you they lay you in the recovery position....

I stoled Joyce's 1961 book of The Joy Of Cooking her mother had. Some pages are quite stained and her mother's notes are written all through of it. I bought computer paper and a thick notebook and I'm scanning all of the whole book! Ha! Very nice recipes!

I received a sweet picture of our precious Anna today! She is going to be of the orthopedic center next week, they shall be now fitting her with her first new leg and she shall be walking!

Uncle Nicu is doing well and is without the fever and very hungry! Also I am here with my friends whom I missed so very much!

~Cat

It's a picture-perfect fall day here today. 'Bout 70F, no humidity (yippee!), slight breeze, and sunny, clear blue sky.

I just looked out our bedroom door, which overlooks the area where we have our pool. The pool has had its cover on for about a month and there is just the slightest bit of water in the center. Very, very shallow and probably no bigger than the area of a small card table. What do I see?

Loads of beautiful cardinals splashing about having a grand party in the sunshine.

How cold I NOT smile?!

I watched a gang of house finches mob a blue jay, kicking him out of the food bowl. The jay is sitting on the fence, screaming his head off, waiting for the littles to disperse.

DH and I went on a lunch hour walk with Beagle, and I mentioned that I had not seen a praying mantis all summer. As we were walking the home stretch, DH spotted a praying mantis on the road! It initially looked like a dead rolled-up leaf with legs, and was at least four inches long. When it crawled into the grass and leaf litter, we couldn't even tell it was there. Beagle thought it looked like a nice snack, but we dragged her away. This one was brown, I usually see green ones.

Last edited:
I just unpacked the last sealed box in the garage!!!

I never did find the 6 tubes of toothpaste I had packed away.

Back
Top Bottom