Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations Farmer Jon. You are in for a lot of happy memories.

BTW, it is good to see you back. How was you crop this year? :angel:

Congratulations on the new little one, FarmerJon and Mrs.Jon! Grandchildren are such a precious gift. You can see how I feel about my own grands from my signature line! :LOL: :wub:

When my honey Himself went out to get the fried fish for last night's supper, he also brought back a bunch of alstroemeria. I made him stop buying flowers for Hallmark Holidays, since they always bump the price up and the quality seems lower. Instead, he'll pop in with a bunch of baby carnations or daisies, or something like these alstroemeria, "Just Because". :heart: They're on my kitchen windowsill now. I'll be working in the kitchen a lot tonight. ;)

Attachments

• 2015-12-03 15.06.55.jpg
    2015-12-03 15.06.55.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 130
Thanks, ladies. And to think they are grocery store flowers! Amazing how nice the quality can be sometimes. And, usually, the price is right.

Aw, what a sweetheart.
He has his moments. :)

True story. When working in the mall as gift wrappers, we got to see all sorts of nice things people purchased. When guys would show up with purchases from a jewelry store, Vickie's, and Godiva's, we would always ask "How much trouble are you in???". One time, one of the guys said "do you have a florist in the mall?". :LOL: We then gave him directions to the closest flower stand...across the parking lot at the mall's grocery store. ;)

Very pretty flowers CG and so thoughtful of Himself! Nice view from your kitchen window, too. :) Flowers can be very nice from the grocery store - I've had them last longer than the spendy ones from the flower shop.

Many years ago my husband bought me several bouquets from the grocery store for our anniversary. The checker smiled and said "....this must be a Mars/Venus thing...?" :LOL: This was back when that book was popular. :)

Love your flowers, CG! Nothing wrong with grocery store flowers!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! No complaints with grocery store flowers. Heck, the chance of many a husband picking up a bouquet there vs making a stop at a florist are pretty good. I stopped at the same store the day after Himself ran out for the fish, and the guy in front of me had a 6-pack of beer - and flowers for his lady! There must be something in the air.

...Nice view from your kitchen window, too. :)...
Thanks. That view, however, is the reason it takes me so long to do anything at the sink/counter! :LOL: Had I shot the photo from the other angle, showing more yard, you would have seen a lot of birds hanging around my feeders. Sweet little things, but oh so hungry. :pig:

Just saw someone impersonating Donald Trump and singing

"I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas"....
558648.gif
rolleyespink.gif
dontlaugh.gif

The last thing that made me smile was meeting a young woman at the Danish Club Luncheon. She's half Canadian and half indigenous from Greenland. She looks like she could be my daughter.

Just as I was ready to log off, I heard our local pair of great horned owls doing a call-and-answer. They have to be at least a half-mile from our house, but we can hear them loud and clear even with the windows closed. Since it's in the low-50s outside right now, I opened the 2nd floor guest bedroom window, leaned out, and rested my hands on the porch roof, just so I could get the best sound available. Good thing I'm not crazy enough to crawl onto the roof!

If you wonder how they sound, here is a link to sound clips. Right now they are into a full version of "Territorial hooting duet". :LOL:

Great Horned Owl

Fluffy down pillows.
images

These things are ancient. I know one was my Dad's, and he's been gone 24 years. I think the other was one of my pillows from when I was young, but recently Himself had been using it until it got way too flat. I washed them up with down "detergent", then dried and dried and dried them in the dryer. Over three hours of "clunk-clunk-clunk", listening to the large plastic "snowflakes" that came in the down cleaning kit, used to break up any clumps while a down something is in the dryer. If down filling clumps and doesn't dry thoroughly, it will go moldy. Yuck. Anyway, two pillows down, two to go.

Now it's time I logged off and nestled my head into those fluffy clouds that are my pillows. Good night!

Fluffy down pillows.
images

These things are ancient. I know one was my Dad's, and he's been gone 24 years. I think the other was one of my pillows from when I was young, but recently Himself had been using it until it got way too flat. I washed them up with down "detergent", then dried and dried and dried them in the dryer. Over three hours of "clunk-clunk-clunk", listening to the large plastic "snowflakes" that came in the down cleaning kit, used to break up any clumps while a down something is in the dryer. If down filling clumps and doesn't dry thoroughly, it will go moldy. Yuck. Anyway, two pillows down, two to go.

Now it's time I logged off and nestled my head into those fluffy clouds that are my pillows. Good night!

I want my old down pillows fluffy again too CG!! I didn't know a product existed for this. Pleeeeeeeeze tell me what it's called and where you got it? I have some old ones in the closet I'd love to be able to use again.
There's no way I could ever sleep without a down pillow. I even take one packed in my suitcase when we travel.

A school puts on a nativity play... the 3 wise men shuffle on to the stage.

First one shouts out "I BRING YOU GOLD!" and hands Mary a shiny parcel.

2nd wise man dutifully follows with "I bring you myrhh"......then there is a pause.

3rd wise man is looking nervous. He gets nudged and blurts out "and Frank sent this"

I was at a local mall Monday. I was walking down the main aisle heading out to the parking lot when I saw two young women. One was carrying the cutest little girl (well under a year old). She was wearing a pretty velvet dress and had a decorative headband and a great big smile. I was so taken by her I broke out in a big grin. The two young women saw me and grinned in return.

Back
Top Bottom