Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my former students found me on FB, and told me that he and his brother would never had made it through HS without me. They were poor as churchmice, abject poverty, living in an 8x12 concrete building with a caring but poor dad, and now the boys are doing quite well, with good jobs! I am very proud of them both! They're both in their 30‘s now, and were definitely a handful when they were in HS.

A lot of time teachers never hear of what became of their students. But then there is that one or two that can pinpoint out the teacher that made a difference in their life. My daughter had one. And when she was in high school, she just happened to be in the area of the school where she had that teacher. On a whim, she went in and the office told her that the teacher was still there. She went to the classroom and the teacher didn't recognize her. She came up to my daughter to find out who she was and what she wanted. When my daughter told her about the difference she made, the teacher had to go out in the hall. She didn't want the class to see her crying.

Yeah, sometimes a teacher can make a difference. And for them, I am so thankful. Thank you to all the teachers. :angel:

I'm pretty sure we didn't have a school psychologist. "Problem kids" got sent to him for a "talking to". We were also told to go to him for personal or family problems, yeah, right.

There weren't any school psychs before 1975. That's when the laws for special education changed.

We had the nicest guidance counselor when I was in HS. He was basically worthless, but a really nice guy. The GCs I've had the pleasure of working with over the years have pretty much been consumate professionals, and really care about kids.

There weren't any school psychs before 1975. That's when the laws for special education changed.

We had the nicest guidance counselor when I was in HS. He was basically worthless, but a really nice guy. The GCs I've had the pleasure of working with over the years have pretty much been consumate professionals, and really care about kids.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I saw a school psychologist weekly for a couple years in middle school. I started getting severe headaches in seventh grade (age 12) and didn't find an effective treatment till I was 16. I had to leave class frequently because of the headaches. It was a really tough time.

I graduated in 1967. By 1975 I had moved to a different country, twice. That GC might have been okay for boys. Hmm, that day I had to see him might be the day I became a feminist. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I graduated in 1967. By 1975 I had moved to a different country, twice. That GC might have been okay for boys. Hmm, that day I had to see him might be the day I became a feminist. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I remember my mom coming home from parent-teacher conferences with steam blowing from her ears. She'd asked my science teacher why I'd gotten a B, as I'd aced the tests. His response: "Well, Mrs. Dawg, a B is very good for a girl."

I almost had to scrape her off the ceiling.

I remember my mom coming home from parent-teacher conferences with steam blowing from her ears. She'd asked my science teacher why I'd gotten a B, as I'd aced the tests. His response: "Well, Mrs. Dawg, a B is very good for a girl."

I almost had to scrape her off the ceiling.
:eek: I don't know just how postal my mother would have gone. :LOL:

Thank goodness the only teacher I had who pulled that (insert fowl word) was my driver's ed teacher. "Women are terrible drivers." Since it wasn't considered an academic course, it didn't count on my GPA, so I didn't think it was worth the effort of a fight.

My brother took his kids, my niece and nephew, to a Renaissance Fair. 4 yo nephew got his face painted in black like Batman, even though he had a Spiderman shirt on. So he was Spiderbatman. When they got home, his mom tried to clean him up, and only succeeded in making him look like Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. He's rockin' the Smoky Eye, a lá Johnny Depp. Thank goodness there's no preschool tomorrow, his mom has another day to scrub some more!

Last edited:
Uh oh...:LOL: Thank goodness most little 4 year olds don't care much about residue left from face painting. Then there are some who say "MOM! Don't wash it off!" :ROFLMAO:

Uh oh...:LOL: Thank goodness most little 4 year olds don't care much about residue left from face painting. Then there are some who say "MOM! Don't wash it off!" :ROFLMAO:

When kids think it cool, it stays as long as possible. Our 9 YO grandson got a wristband for ID purposes in Aruba. A cheap plasticized paper band. He wore it for months after he got home until it finally fell off.

Kids are cool.

My two daughters teamed up, by pure chance and told me both at the same time that they love me. That warms the heart.

Dark chocolate chips. I had a sugar crash earlier this evening and they were the closest sweet food handy. There wasn't many left in the bag, so I finished them off. Sugar level is very happy now, and so am I. :angel:

My brother took his kids, my niece and nephew, to a Renaissance Fair. 4 yo nephew got his face painted in black like Batman, even though he had a Spiderman shirt on. So he was Spiderbatman. When they got home, his mom tried to clean him up, and only succeeded in making him look like Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. He's rockin' the Smoky Eye, a lá Johnny Depp. Thank goodness there's no preschool tomorrow, his mom has another day to scrub some more!

`oh, my......that is too funny......`i can just see his face and his mom's tears:LOL:and `i love the `jack sparrow comparison..........everyone knows what that means

Himself finally found the parts to get our very good but older turntable working! :clap: As I clean out the house, I've been threatening to get rid of all out old vinyl. Now, all we have to do is weed out what we don't want.

Let's see, the DVD/CD player works. So does the amplifier. Now the turntable. He said now all he has to clean and hook up is the old VCR player. I guess we're living the real "back to the future". :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom