"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #3771
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Today, today made me smile!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #3772
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
I wasn't feeling well today and my puppies curled up tight, one on either side of me while I rested. When I woke up they were in the living room as DH had just fed them. I sat down and our little Joie brought me one of his favourite toys and our big baby, Violet, rested her head in my lap. I smiled because I felt so loved!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #3773
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
LuckyTrim's trivia thread today made me smile. Actually it made me grin and laugh so hard that it feels like my face is going to break!

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #3774
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
lunch with my daughter today, put a big smile on my face. we always have such a good time. bigger smile, cause that was not always so.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #3775
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
lunch with my daughter today, put a big smile on my face. we always have such a good time. bigger smile, cause that was not always so.
Ah babe. I'm so happy for you. Kids all the same expecting us to always be there but not wanting to give in and admit we might know what were talking about. My youngest daughter has finally admited to me that I surprise her at times
HUMMMMM
kaddes
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #3776
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
A young teen from our youth group who has had a really rough go of it for someone so young, helped me this summer with snacks for our Kid's program. That was in July. The other day she went to her sister (whom she lives with as their mother died 3 years ago) and said "when can I work with Laurie again!" I am so excited. She is coming over tomorrow and we are making cupcakes for a harvest festival.

The fact she picked me will keep a smile on my face for a long time!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #3777
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
A young teen from our youth group who has had a really rough go of it for someone so young, helped me this summer with snacks for our Kid's program. That was in July. The other day she went to her sister (whom she lives with as their mother died 3 years ago) and said "when can I work with Laurie again!" I am so excited. She is coming over tomorrow and we are making cupcakes for a harvest festival.

The fact she picked me will keep a smile on my face for a long time!
That's great Laurie! I know that felt good!

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:15 AM   #3778
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
My immediate Supervisor and the Director Of Nursing, told me tonight I was doing an excellent job and they are both very happy they suggested me for the position. They have been fantastically supportive since my leaving the patient care area.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #3779
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
I'm still waiting for today's smile. My slipped disc feels like a T. Rex has taken a big bite of my side.

Maybe that's how I'll come to the Halloween party. I'll be the screaming blond in monster movies. I'll miraculously get away and kill the T. Rex and grind him up for burgers that we can cook at the party.

My last smile was from Princess Fiona yesterday. She gives me bellylaughs, the kind that really make you feel good.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #3780
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I'm still waiting for today's smile. My slipped disc feels like a T. Rex has taken a big bite of my side.

Maybe that's how I'll come to the Halloween party. I'll be the screaming blond in monster movies. I'll miraculously get away and kill the T. Rex and grind him up for burgers that we can cook at the party.

My last smile was from Princess Fiona yesterday. She gives me bellylaughs, the kind that really make you feel good.
Sorry your slipped disc is hurting so bad!

The "Arlo and Janis" cartoon for today cracked me up!

Arlo & Janis free online comic strip library at comics.com
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.