"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #3791
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
A Tweet from Catwoman? Cool!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #3792
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
A Tweet from Catwoman? Cool!
Yep! Not just a Tweet--Catwoman is following me. I'd better stay on my toes!
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #3793
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Yep! Not just a Tweet--Catwoman is following me. I'd better stay on my toes!
I exchange e-mails with a few Science Fiction authors...I love getting them.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #3794
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I exchange e-mails with a few Science Fiction authors...I love getting them.
Very cool! Years ago, before he became quite as well known, I wrote to Stephen King about a couple of his books, and he sent a handwritten postcard in return. I wish I had kept them now! Actually, they are probably in a drawer somewhere in my dad's house. The last time I wrote, he was very popular and he didn't write back.

I entered a contest that Lisa Scottoline had a few years ago (We had to send in a lawyer joke--we didn't even have to write it. Instead of one, she ended up picking five, including mine (she was a lawyer, btw). Our jokes went into "The Vendetta Defense," and we five got an autographed hardcover copy of "The Vendetta Defense" and paperbacks of all her books up to that point.) She and I corresponded now and then by email.

Barbara
P.S. The joke I sent her was one I had found online: What's the difference between a pittbull and a woman lawyer?

A: Lipstick.
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #3795
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Very cool! Years ago, before he became quite as well known, I wrote to Stephen King about a couple of his books, and he sent a handwritten postcard in return. I wish I had kept them now! Actually, they are probably in a drawer somewhere in my dad's house. The last time I wrote, he was very popular and he didn't write back.

I entered a contest that Lisa Scottoline had a few years ago (We had to send in a lawyer joke--we didn't even have to write it. Instead of one, she ended up picking five, including mine (she was a lawyer, btw). Our jokes went into "The Vendetta Defense," and we five got an autographed hardcover copy of "The Vendetta Defense" and paperbacks of all her books up to that point.) She and I corresponded now and then by email.

Barbara
P.S. The joke I sent her was one I had found online: What's the difference between a pittbull and a woman lawyer?

A: Lipstick.
I remember that joke in the book!

I e-mail with Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Rachael Caine. Others have come and gone, but these three always see fit to write me back. Pratchett in particular, was very supportive of me when I went to college, he was one of my greatest supporters besides Shrek and my Parents.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #3796
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I remember that joke in the book!

I e-mail with Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett and Rachael Caine. Others have come and gone, but these three always see fit to write me back. Pratchett in particular, was very supportive of me when I went to college, he was one of my greatest supporters besides Shrek and my Parents.
That's really great! What I love (and hate) about people is that people are people. LOL It doesn't matter who we are, how much money we have, where we live--we are all just people.

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #3797
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
talked to my daughter tonight. she has met a really nice man. she was very positive about him. she is really picky. she is fifty years old and she been single and has provided for herself and daughter for twenty years. made me smile big time. hope he proves to be all she thinks he is.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #3798
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
talked to my daughter tonight. she has met a really nice man. she was very positive about him. she is really picky. she is fifty years old and she been single and has provided for herself and daughter for twenty years. made me smile big time. hope he proves to be all she thinks he is.
I hope so too Babe. I was 43 and had been divorced about 20 years when I met James.

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 AM   #3799
Senior Cook
 
Joshatdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
our family doggie, Lu-Lu .. she always makes me smile

__________________
Joshatdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #3800
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
our family doggie, Lu-Lu .. she always makes me smile
I gave it a "thumbs up" made me smile, too...I like goggies.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.