Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to get a free pink laptop, a free pink cell phone, a $500 gift certificate to Best Buy (I think), another gift certificate to Red Lobster AND Chili's and E-Bay needs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the love, don't you? :ROFLMAO:

kitchenelf said:
I'm going to get a free pink laptop, a free pink cell phone, a $500 gift certificate to Best Buy (I think), another gift certificate to Red Lobster AND Chili's and E-Bay needs me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the love, don't you? :ROFLMAO:
I sure do and do you have a firm clasp on your purse?:ROFLMAO:

kadesma:-p

Being Ma and taking care of the little guys can be a headache at times, today Carson wanted to use my knee as a chew toy, so he caught me unprepared when he took a bite..I yelled ouch and Ethan who was sitting watching Blues Clues, jumped up came running over to the sofa, climbed up put his arms around me and said you okay Ma? you okay? He then hugged me and kissed my forhead and was off again for the rest of his tape:LOL: Did that make me smile, yep it did and little Carson by then was up on the couch jockying for his place on my lap:ROFLMAO: Ah being a Ma!!!!!

kadesma:)

lsutiger said:
Saints winning in the reopening of the Dome. NOLA will never die, that was OUR superbowl.

I bet it was!! DH was excited about seeing them play at home again. I hope it gives the locals a little comfort that SOMETHING is back to normal.
Congrats to the Saints!!

Kadesma, one of my sisters was always one to run to my mother's lap when she was playing and getting excited. One day she did that and bit my mother on the thigh about half way up. She made blood blisters on Mom and it took the fun out of the game. I don't know how Mom broke her of the habit, but I'm sure it was right away.

licia said:
Kadesma, one of my sisters was always one to run to my mother's lap when she was playing and getting excited. One day she did that and bit my mother on the thigh about half way up. She made blood blisters on Mom and it took the fun out of the game. I don't know how Mom broke her of the habit, but I'm sure it was right away.
licia,
Carson only does this to me, his mom and Cade, why we just don't know.He will look at us as he does it and smile or giggle as if we were playing a game. His mom, has spanked his hands, firmly told him no, bit him back, but he still does it. Most of the time I'm ready for him, I put my hand on his head and say No Carson it hurts and he doesn't bite me, but if I'm slow in saying anything he gets me!!! I'll find a way yet, but I fear many more black and blue, and purples coming:LOL: I guess we just smile and try to find the winning combination...

kadesma

:) Yes I did! We had lots of fun. Grandson is doing very well. Saw a lot of pretty sights. Had a terrific diner at Salty's (I had the whole dungeness crab, delish. Did a lot of shopping. Very tired, good to home.
Seeing your post made me smile, elf.

Last edited:
This made me smile...

Picture014.jpg

I woke up to two very nice PMs from two very nice members this morning.

Thank you!!

I haven't read the entire thread...(very long!!)

but laughed out load this week coming to work when I saw some calves in the field running. It's really kind of funny, because it's more like jump-running. They don't quite know what to do with their legs, so they kind of jump straight up and then forward.... I drive through the country on my way to work.

KathyJ said:
I haven't read the entire thread...(very long!!)

but laughed out load this week coming to work when I saw some calves in the field running. It's really kind of funny, because it's more like jump-running. They don't quite know what to do with their legs, so they kind of jump straight up and then forward.... I drive through the country on my way to work.
Kathy,
You should see them the first few moments after birth, Scraggly,wet,shakey, they tremble as they start to nurse, but if your close enough you can feel how warm and soft they are, there is nothing quite like a lick from a youg calf or foal..And they have that "puppy breath" Just watching them stutter tep along makes me smile.

kadesma

kadesma said:
Kathy,
You should see them the first few moments after birth, Scraggly,wet,shakey, they tremble as they start to nurse, but if your close enough you can feel how warm and soft they are, there is nothing quite like a lick from a youg calf or foal..And they have that "puppy breath" Just watching them stutter tep along makes me smile.

kadesma

I have! I grew up in Michigan on a dairy farm... last time I was home, my brother said he never gets tired of watching newbies. I think he had 3 born during the week I was home. and guess who got to bottle-feed. I tell you, if you've never tried to bottle-feed 3 calves in the same pen..... with 1 bottle.... meaning you're fighting off 2 of them while 1 feeds!!!! Those 2 ended up sucking on my pant legs. so funny.

KathyJ said:
I have! I grew up in Michigan on a dairy farm... last time I was home, my brother said he never gets tired of watching newbies. I think he had 3 born during the week I was home. and guess who got to bottle-feed. I tell you, if you've never tried to bottle-feed 3 calves in the same pen..... with 1 bottle.... meaning you're fighting off 2 of them while 1 feeds!!!! Those 2 ended up sucking on my pant legs. so funny.
I know, I've done that here when my son was at home, and first learning to raise his brahmas. I've gotten knocked down by an over eager youngster when they try to get the milk to come out of the bottle faster:LOL: It's fun though and they are cute..Love when they trail after you saying Maaaaaaaaa:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

We were at the park Saturday night and they have a bandstand there. All of a sudden my 4 year grandson got up on it and started to sing all of his favorite songs he learned from his day care. It was so sweet. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom