Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I took a customer's 2011 Ferrari California down into Dallas for service. Oil change, $427 and change. Driving a Ferrari with the top down, free. Driving a Ferrari through the Addison Tunnel full throttle in second and third gear... priceless.

Smiled from ear to ear. It's a car enthusiast thing. We're a bit odd. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnXC1V55vM

CD

I hope there was a lot of engine revving in neutral, and heavy downshifting.

I'm a grandmother! :mrgreen: Sort of. One of our exchange students had her first baby last week - a gorgeous little girl. Now we need to plan a trip to Germany to visit them :wub:
Just heard from our exchange student today - she and her husband are planning a trip to the United States this summer and want to come and stay with us for a few days. I'm so excited! :wub: :woot:

Last edited:
We last saw her in 2010, I think. Her best friend from childhood went to college in the United States and she visited her and us that year. We have not met her husband. They were married two years ago. He's in the German Navy, which is interesting because my husband is a US Navy veteran. Men in uniform :wub: I can't wait to see them [emoji813]

TL, you know that's right! [emoji38]

I filled a few kitchen spice and herb jars from my collection of bulk bags in the basement. Had a bit of a problem with the granulated garlic. I guess there was some static electricity thingy going on there, but some of it got away as I was carefully filling the bottle. Told Himself there might be scattered granules around the kitchen - he proceeded to dub it "Kitchen Glitter". :LOL:

Talking to my Baby Sister, she is back to herself, not looking all sick and weak. She thinks she will be home in a week. Turns out the wound on her foot was from a surgery they did to remove a bone spur and it has not been healing well. The spur was also the source of her septic infection that put her in the hospital.

She looks wonderful and has lost a significant amount of weight.

taxy, Himself comes up with a good one every once in a while. ;)

That is great news about your baby sis, PF! I hope she continues improving and is back home soon. Since you've shared her source of problems, suddenly my bunion is hurting less! :LOL: I know when I talked to the podiatrist about my feet last year, she said to put off any surgery that involves cutting bone if possible. Sorry your sis had issues from her surgery.

I'm very proud of my boy today, making me smile from ear to ear.
He was chosen captain of his 16u rugby team today, and led them to a 25 to 5 win with several punishing and open field tackles, twice stripping the ball that led to scores for us.
A few fathers came over to me after the game and complimeted him, asking me where this performance came from today, out of nowhere.

I had no idea. He just found his game on a (finally) beautiful Sunday.

Attachments

• 0329182102c_HDR.jpg
    0329182102c_HDR.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Talking to my Baby Sister, she is back to herself, not looking all sick and weak. She thinks she will be home in a week. Turns out the wound on her foot was from a surgery they did to remove a bone spur and it has not been healing well. The spur was also the source of her septic infection that put her in the hospital.

She looks wonderful and has lost a significant amount of weight.
Great news.. :)

Ross

BT, you should be proud. He's growing into a good young man.

Farmer Jon, congratulations to your son and his fellow scouts. Learning to help others is an important part of growing up.

PF, so glad to hear your sister is doing well.

"Kitchen Glitter":LOL: ....I'm going to have to send that saying to my son-in-law, CG. :LOL:

Princess...so glad to hear your sister is on the mend. :flowers:

Bucky and Jon, I loved seeing pics of your boys doing so well and helping others! It'll help them all so much in their future.

Thanks, Cheryl. I'll pass the word on to Himself.

Farmer Jon and bucky, your sons are the future hope of our country. It's good to see young men growing up to be responsible and helpful.

I'm smiling with clean hair! My upper arm is still a little sore, but at least I was able to wash and blow-dry my hair. Took me darned near an hour, but I no longer look like someone dumped a Crisco tub on my head. :LOL:

It's funny how you can take a body part for granted, then appreciate it so much more when it gets better after being out of commission. I hope I don't have second thoughts about this, though, tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom