Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My eldest sis and bil have had several Ford Escapes over recent years, and love them.

Btw, you know it's pronounced Es-cop-A...

Many safe and happy miles while driving in your new car, GG. Time for a Road Trip! I'm guessing, though, that Charleston has been put on the back burner until the rains and flooding stops?
Thanks! Yes, we are talking about waiting till spring and doing a longer trip including a stop at Chef and the Farmer. Our 35th anniversary is next year, so we're thinking about how to celebrate it :wub:

My FIL in Michigan is wondering when we're going to go visit him again, so DH wants to do Thanksgiving there and invite his brothers and sister and their families. We would be there for a week or so, since I hate traveling close to Thanksgiving, and it's not that far off.

OK, now for the real reason I came to share my smile:

Many of you know I've been on a reduced liquid order by a nephrologist due to a low sodium level in my blood. After three months of being a good girl, I now have a sodium level in the normal range! Finally, one thing about me is normal. :LOL:

I told him I really miss drinking tea. That now that the weather is cold, I rely on drinking hot liquids to keep me warm. It's either that, or hiking the thermostat up a few degrees. Tea bags and leaves are a lot cheaper than heating oil! He's cleared me to add 5-10 ounces of liquid a day. I think I can live with that.

For those of you who follow NFL football, you know that the Pittsburgh Steelers' fans and the Cleveland Browns fans are rivals - or they were until the Browns kept losing to the Steelers. However, both fan bases loath the Baltimore Ratbirds...I mean Ravens. Steelers because they're on equal footing for the most part and want to beat them, Browns because Baltimore got their team from Cleveland when the Browns owner moved to Baltimore and sold the fans down the river.

You know that expression "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Well, admit it caseydog, you need to cheer for the Browns to win this Sunday. Otherwise, how else will you be able to make the playoffs? :brows: Repeat after me, cd: Here we go Brownies, Here we go! *woof* *woof* :LOL:

Isn't anyone else finding a reason to smile? :ermm: What a bunch of grump-lumps you are. :LOL:

THIS has to make you smile. There is an "organization" known as the Little Free Library, a book sharing program. I've thought it would be cool to put something like this at our curb, but we live deep into a subdivision and and little traffic save for the residents on our street. Oh, well.

Anyway, an innovative librarian in Idaho transformed the stump of an old, diseased, huge tree into a library! So cute!

Librarian Transforms 110-Year-Old Tree into Jaw-Dropping Little Free Library

Isn't anyone else finding a reason to smile? :ermm: What a bunch of grump-lumps you are. :LOL:

THIS has to make you smile. There is an "organization" known as the Little Free Library, a book sharing program. I've thought it would be cool to put something like this at our curb, but we live deep into a subdivision and and little traffic save for the residents on our street. Oh, well.

Anyway, an innovative librarian in Idaho transformed the stump of an old, diseased, huge tree into a library! So cute!

There a quite a few of them in the Cali town we moved from..
A wonderful idea.. :)
Ross

Isn't anyone else finding a reason to smile? :ermm: What a bunch of grump-lumps you are. [emoji38]

I saw this earlier this week - love it :wub: One of my neighbors has a Little Free Library in front of his house, on a fairly busy corner. I go through my books every so often and leave a couple there. Usually when I buy a used book for my book club, I leave it there afterward.

Grrr, now that makes me really upset with what my brother did after our dad passed, and being named executor, sold my parents' house before I was able to take away thousands of my dad's books. Literally thousands.

Mostly paperbacks of all genres of writing, but there were also many hardcovers, and many books that were uncommon as they were related directly to something of our family.

After he passed, the books - in various locations, were gathered together and nearly filled a small guest bedroom. You could say that, stacked together, they would be the cubic equivalent of maybe 6 or 8 cords if wood. (yes, not the best analogy.)

I was only able to make enough trips to my parents' house to collect the vinyl LPs, 45s, and a load of CDs just before the estate sale, then just before the house was sold. A developer bought it who dropped a roll-off and dragged out and dumped the remainder of our parents' lives.
Much was junk at that point, but all of those books..

All of that knowledge, and experiences, and opinions, and fantasies; logic and faith; all gone into the garbage.

I begged my brother to donate the books to a library, but he slithered out of that responsibility by saying his town 's libraries only accept donated books on certain dates of the year.

What's this? Freakin' county HAZMAT day when you get to dispose of old fertilizers and paints in your garage twice a year?

Sorry about the rant, but this makes my blood boil a bit more. All of those books, just gone to a landfill.

CG...I saw that library tree transformation on another site today...LOVE it!

Bucky...so sorry to hear about your dad's books and treasures. I would be very upset as well. :(

Got a text from our daughter. She got a promotion! Loverly had been a "department manager" at Lowe's until they eliminated that position a couple years ago. Lowe's has gone back to it, but now it's a "departments manager" - as in she'll be responsible for several departments at once. No problem, the girl is smart. ;)

Congrats to Loverly! :flowers:

I love Lowe's - we don't have one near here, but we've got a Home Depot. Those home improvement stores are my fave places to shop. :)

Back
Top Bottom