Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hadn't thought of things I could do with bubble wrap! The Hoyer we have has a metal handle to open and close the "bars". I slipped a pool noodle over that, too. We also put pillows (small) under her elbows so the sling straps don't bruise her, and I have made pads to fit where the lift hits her crotch. Solutions I never dreamt I would have to figure out. No offense, PF, but I think my Mom does get better care at home because I don't have to get approval to try these things and I only have one person who needs care (well, my Dad does too, but not at the high-level of care my Mom does. His is more that I have to find things he misplaces).
I don't know what I would do without duct tape!

None taken, I wish more people could be taken care of at home by those who love them. Not that I don't love my residents...but mine is different than the love shown by family.

Horrible day at work today...but it was not because of the residents, boardrooms are the bane of my existence. When I got out on the floor and was able to give and receive hugs, the day was much better. Hug attacked a few visitors, too!:wub:

None taken, I wish more people could be taken care of at home by those who love them. Not that I don't love my residents...but mine is different than the love shown by family.

Horrible day at work today...but it was not because of the residents, boardrooms are the bane of my existence. When I got out on the floor and was able to give and receive hugs, the day was much better. Hug attacked a few visitors, too!:wub:
Unfortunately, not everyone has the option. If my parents didn't have money, this would not be possible because we do pay caretakers about $2000/month. My parents drugs are provided free because of my Dad's military service. The house is paid for, my Dad's pension and my Mom's SIN and 401K and dividends on investments keep the house running as long as there are no big surprises. Not everyone is willing or able to give up their lives to care for their Elders. I am blessed to be able to do this. I don't see it as a duty or as something unfair. (A friend's mom always tells me how unfair it is that I HAVE to do this). I didn't HAVE to do this. I doubt I could live with the guilt if I didn't do this! I don't have the option to serve notice and quit. I love my parents to the moon and back, even when my Dad drives me crazy.

Last edited:
I weighted myself right before we left for vacation, and again the first morning after we returned. I lost a half of a pound! Very surprised, since I sure did eat good and didn't exactly walk around a lot. Hope the holidays go just a well...

A deer. Although rather than smile, it was more of a case of my mouth hanging wide open. I walked into the kitchen to set something down on the table, looked through the sun room to the back yard, and a deer was looking back at me from about 30 feet away. Just as I got ready to take a picture, snow slid off one of the roof panels, plopped on the ground about 10 feet from the deer, and scared him/ her away. :( Well, I still have the memory...

I got to meet the Big Guy tonight! Turns out Santa has a side gig at our local Walmart.

Attachments

• IMG_20191216_211200993~3.jpg
    IMG_20191216_211200993~3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hearing the words "the equipment truck has left Cleveland for Goodyear" while listening to Cleveland sports talk radio today. :w00t2:

play-ball.png

I saw a little girl pick out a beautiful red betta at the pet store today. That joyful expression on her face was precious.

Mother's Day came a few days early...or at least my gift from the kids did. [emoji813] Now every time I turn from the sink to go somewhere else in the kitchen I get to see a little bit of home.

IMG_20200505_160709476.jpg

Back
Top Bottom