Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I struggle to find ideas for gifts for my father. He is getting up in years, and has very few interests or hobbies. There are only so many CDs, cookies, gift cards, etc. that he can use. I found this! He is often homesick for "home." Though he was born and raised in Kentucky, he lived in Indiana for many years....and Father's Day is coming. ;)

Last edited:
That is very cool. I have so many questions. Is that a prototype? Is it special effects? Is VW actually working on this? Do they have a timeframe for bringing this to market? How vehicle regulations have to change? Traffic regulations? Driving licenses?

The sun is shining. The birds are singing. When I got out of bed and took a breath, it worked. All glorious! And then this:
Screenshot_20210322-143922.jpg

The last thing that made me smile,
cry and fill my heart with great joy,
was after 15 long months I was able
to go to see me Mother.
When I walked in her door and we just hugged and hugged and hugged,
that was the first time in my ENTIRE life that I have been away from her
THAT LONG! My husband and I built a home on my parents property
and we saw them everyday, not to mention that I lived there since
I was 5 years old!

I was thrilled to be able to take my Mom out to lunch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dq_7PeKUdo

She has been in total lockdown at her Senior Living Community
not long after we left back in December 2019!!!

We plan on going back every 2-3 months for the foreseeable future!!!

Oh, and we had a great meal too at The Gateway Restaurant & Lodge in Three Rivers California, the Gateway to Sequoia National Park.

K-Girl, I am so happy for you! I was wondering why you have been quiet here lately. Looks like you were properly distracted catching up on missed time with your Mom. Nice way to disappear. ;)

I can't wait until Himself and I are both fully vaccinated. He's a little over a week ahead of me in the schedule, getting his first shot next week Tuesday. My first isn't until the following week Thursday. By the time we're both done and properly "aged", we could travel to OH for Mother's Day! :heart: Except that I have a much-needed dental check-up appointment on May 17th. This Covid thing got their schedules all messed up; it will be 14 months between check-ups. :ohmy:

While going through email earlier today, I saw a notification that Loverly's gentleman friend had sent me a message through Facebook. I don't have (or want) Messenger on either my phone or tablet, so I figured it was something nice about her since it's Mothers' Day. Finally got around to firing up the laptop about a half hour ago, and read that he asked her to marry him! THAT was pretty exciting! It's pretty special when someone you aren't related to (yet, apparently) tells you that your kid is his favorite person in his life. :heart: We think she's pretty special, too.

Thanks, GG. It's definitely nicer than flowers or candy. Now we REALLY need to get out butts back home. Once they're hitched I'll become an instant grandma to three.:ohmy:

Thanks, ladies. I always figured I could ease in to grandma-hood if I got the chance. Now I'll have to jump in with both feet - shod in running shoes, with as active as the two younger ones are. :LOL:

Now it's our son who has me smiling. As many of you know, Goober does a lot of photography. He was recently interviewed by the local Akron PBS community show host. A slideshow displays many of his photos while Goober talks about photography and art. If you find yourself with about six or seven minutes and are asking yourself "now what can I do?", you could always watch his segment. It's the first in the line-up, starting at about the 0:47 mark on the counter.

Around Akron with Blue Green

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom