"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #4081
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Stubbs
It sure is and when his daddy got home he had to show him of course it made me smile more of how proud my son was!

Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #4082
Executive Chef

I was smiling Tuesday at 3:30pm. It was my last day of work for this school year. I am off now until Aug. 10th. I don't get paid for any vacation, but it sure is nice to have two months off when it is summer.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #4083
Senior Cook

Wow you ended late. So what u plan to do for 2 months? Lets hope my kids don't drive me craz for 2 months lol
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #4084
Executive Chef

Well, my kids are grown, but may have the grand kids here at some point! Don't worry, they are more fun, and then they go home! DH and I will be taking a little vacation at the end of this month. We are going to Estes Park. It isn't too far, and we will be hiking at Rocky Mountain National park.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #4085
Senior Cook

That sounds like fun! :) Well we wont get to actually take a vacation for a few years. Maybe one day!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #4086
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
Actually yesterday I had a big smile on my face. My ADHD child could nev stay focused to learn how to ride his bike. Now he on meds, yesterday he learned how to ride his bike.
Stubbs, I am smiling from ear to ear! The son of good friends is ADHD and my husband took him under his wing when the boy was in his early teens, when we learned that he had a great interest in electronics. We have watched him grow into a great young man who at 18 still has a huge hug for me (in public no less!) and has good control over his challenges. I know that being able to ride a bike is a huge accomplishment and I am smiling for both of you!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #4087
Certified Cake Maniac

I couldn't help but smile last night during a post Stanley Cup game phone conversation with my Dad. For those of you who may not know, he ended up back in the hospital with 4 different strains of infection in his lungs and "little chance". Of course my stubborn father proved them wrong and between his will and the antibiotic "cocktail" they gave him, after 2 weeks he was transferred to a convalescent care facility for rehabilitation. He is improving leaps and bounds every day and is more like the father I knew 10 years ago than the one who is battling many health concerns at once.

Anyway, we briefly chatted about the game and he said the care aid came in with 10 minutes left in the game and said it was time to get washed up for bed (around 8 pm). His reply: You've Got To Be KIDDING!". She doesn't know hockey nor the importance of your team being in the first game of the Stanley Cup Final! She gave him an extra half hour! I asked him what would have happened if it had gone into overtime (only goal scored with 18.5 seconds left). He replied that he would have turned it back on when she shut the door.

I'm so glad my Dad is coming back to me!

Oh Yeah, in honour of my team, my smiles will all be Mr. Green for the duration of the series! If you don't get it, ask Frank

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #4088
Senior Cook

Aww well thanks! Getting ready to take him to doc for Med check he only been on meds for a month. But I have no worries he doing well.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #4089
Chef Extraordinaire

That I didn't have to say good-bye to Roz (my 11-yr. old Saint Bernard) yesterday. And that she was HERE today and talking to me (don't get me started on the conversations we have). Everytime I've looked at her today, I've smiled. And, watching her feet run in her sleep right now--that's making me smile, too. I think I've probably smiled since 4:00 p.m. yesterday--even in my sleep. We always want that "one more day." I'll take every minute.

No--sorry, the reprieve didn't make me smile--it made me do the happy dance.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #4090
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I couldn't help but smile last night during a post Stanley Cup game phone conversation with my Dad. For those of you who may not know, he ended up back in the hospital with 4 different strains of infection in his lungs and "little chance". Of course my stubborn father proved them wrong and between his will and the antibiotic "cocktail" they gave him, after 2 weeks he was transferred to a convalescent care facility for rehabilitation. He is improving leaps and bounds every day and is more like the father I knew 10 years ago than the one who is battling many health concerns at once.

Anyway, we briefly chatted about the game and he said the care aid came in with 10 minutes left in the game and said it was time to get washed up for bed (around 8 pm). His reply: You've Got To Be KIDDING!". She doesn't know hockey nor the importance of your team being in the first game of the Stanley Cup Final! She gave him an extra half hour! I asked him what would have happened if it had gone into overtime (only goal scored with 18.5 seconds left). He replied that he would have turned it back on when she shut the door.

I'm so glad my Dad is coming back to me!

Oh Yeah, in honour of my team, my smiles will all be Mr. Green for the duration of the series! If you don't get it, ask Frank
Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance for you and for your Dad! That's fantastic!