"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 06-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #4091
Chef Extraordinaire

that's awesome, lp!!!

i hope the series goes 7 games, all as good as last night's game, so it lasts as long and is as exciting as possible for your dad.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #4092
Certified Cake Maniac

Aww, Bucky, thanks! I wasn't looking at it that way when I first read your post - I was thinking 7 games? Is he crazy? But yes, I hope it does for his sake as well! He walked halfway down the hall with a walker today during his physio session and was only slightly winded. That is much better than before he went into the hospital.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:02 AM   #4093
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
That I didn't have to say good-bye to Roz (my 11-yr. old Saint Bernard) yesterday. And that she was HERE today and talking to me (don't get me started on the conversations we have). Everytime I've looked at her today, I've smiled. And, watching her feet run in her sleep right now--that's making me smile, too. I think I've probably smiled since 4:00 p.m. yesterday--even in my sleep. We always want that "one more day." I'll take every minute.

No--sorry, the reprieve didn't make me smile--it made me do the happy dance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Woo-hoo! Doing the happy dance for you and for your Dad! That's fantastic!
Thank you, CW. I am doing the happy dance for you and Roz as well - I hope you get more days together. My Violet (border collie/boxer) turned 7 yesterday and it just feels like yesterday I held that little puppy in my arms! They are precious.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #4094
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Aww, Bucky, thanks! I wasn't looking at it that way when I first read your post - I was thinking 7 games? Is he crazy? But yes, I hope it does for his sake as well! He walked halfway down the hall with a walker today during his physio session and was only slightly winded. That is much better than before he went into the hospital.
Are you still sticking to easing up on the Diabetes? Or are you guys back to all the food rules, again?

I'm so glad your Dad is doing better.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #4095
Master Chef

My 9 year old grandson Josh and I stopped at our local farmers food stand this morning and I got some cucumbers and an onion called a candy onion. (never heard of this before, the lady says that it is a sweet onion). Well, anyway, Josh had figured out how much it was going to cost before the lady could say. She gave him a big smile and said that when he grew up she would have a job for him. :-)
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #4096
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
My 9 year old grandson Josh and I stopped at our local farmers food stand this morning and I got some cucumbers and an onion called a candy onion. (never heard of this before, the lady says that it is a sweet onion). Well, anyway, Josh had figured out how much it was going to cost before the lady could say. She gave him a big smile and said that when he grew up she would have a job for him. :-)
What a boy. I have several like that and boy I know how proud you are.
kadesma
Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #4097
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to Liya98
Thinking about my trip tommorow
Old 07-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #4098
Chef Extraordinaire

my two great granddaughters having lunch at my coffee table. the two year old is just starting to talk and is so cute. the five year old is a little princess. she has a memory like an elephant and is very smart. they made me smile for sure. so did the hugs and kisses when they left.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:09 PM   #4099
Chef Extraordinaire

I was late letting the hens out this morning (it was after 10 a.m., I was on calls), usually I go out around 7:00 to say "good morning," grab the eggs, and feed and change their water. Last night I decided they could stay in the barn instead of the coop (I'd had them out on the yard free-ranging). Oh were they mad at me! They were at one end of the barn and when I opened the door, they came CHARGING at me, clucking away, one of them got between my feet and scolded me. It was so funny. They had to follow me to the pump to get their water, to the "fridge" in which I store their food, and then when I opened the door, they looked outside, looked at me, and came running back to scold me some more. (I let them free range for about 4 hours, but then the dogs wanted out, so I had to put "the girls" away). They still were nice enough to lay two eggs before I got there. I couldn't help but laugh at them. I had no idea chickens had so much personality.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #4100
Cook

My husband is home with the girls for the summer and sent me this conversation that he had with my three year old." Nora .wants to know how to use the sewing machine
I said it was too dangerous for little girls but we would teach her one day.
"I'm not even going to get hurt from this. I just want to make something lovely for mommy." That kid melts my heart.

« Finally | - »