"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 08-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #4141
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
those sunflowers never stop looking, bolas. doesn't matter if you're cordial.
it's creepy.

they know when you sleep...
your right Tom, Max peed on one yesterday Bill looks very Ben was Little Weed was jealous.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #4142
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I have another one. Another phone call. A girl I worked with when she was in high school called. She is going to be 32, and happened to run across my phone number. She called to say hi, and to tell me that I was a great mentor for her when she was in high school. I was smiling-even though o was Aldo feeling old. How can she be 32?!
The same way I have a married grandkid. It's weird how we don't age and they do...

Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #4143
Senior Cook

Today was my oldest's first day of kindergarten. I felt happiness deep in my bones when I picked her up and she said she had a great day :) Oh, and I also cried LOL
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM   #4144
Chef Extraordinaire

my oldest great granddaughter came by with her mom yesterday. she wanted to show me her dress, uniform. yesterday was the first day of kindergarten for her. she is a very assured child. so no big deal. she has gone to preschool for couple years. only now she has a desk, which she finds very exciting!! lordy, where does the time go? she and her sis, always make me smile.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #4145
Master Chef

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future..............

Steve Miller Band
Fly like an eagle.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #4146
Executive Chef

I went out to a very popular buffet style restaurant last evening and a "Grandma" and young lad were seated at the next table where I could just hear them and observe them during their meal.

From the looks of it, I don't know if the Grandmother or the boy were having the best time. Quite often, heads leaned together, talking almost non-stop. Lots of laughing and the youngsters sincere and wide-eyed enthusiasm in explaining his thoughts to his Grandma made me grin from ear to ear many times.

What a wonderful relationship they had! It did my heart good. When I get disgusted with mankind's often nasty dealings with one-another, seeing a few minutes of this type of relationship heals all my anger and frustrations.

It was a true Norman Rockwell moment.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #4147
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Sweet, Tim! Snicker and Babe, kindergarten always seems to be harder on the parents than the child...
Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #4148
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I went out to a very popular buffet style restaurant last evening and a "Grandma" and young lad were seated at the next table where I could just hear them and observe them during their meal.

From the looks of it, I don't know if the Grandmother or the boy were having the best time. Quite often, heads leaned together, talking almost non-stop. Lots of laughing and the youngsters sincere and wide-eyed enthusiasm in explaining his thoughts to his Grandma made me grin from ear to ear many times.

What a wonderful relationship they had! It did my heart good. When I get disgusted with mankind's often nasty dealings with one-another, seeing a few minutes of this type of relationship heals all my anger and frustrations.

It was a true Norman Rockwell moment.
Tim hold those thoughts. I wish you could see my Cade and I when we are together. He was with me every day when I was so sick and in the hospital. He refused offers for movies, game parties just to sit at my side as I slept and would hold my hand. He is my greatest love and he is so good to me. How do we manage to go without those sweet faces during their days at school. Guess we just remember LOVE.
kades
Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #4149
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Tim hold those thoughts. I wish you could see my Cade and I when we are together. He was with me every day when I was so sick and in the hospital. He refused offers for movies, game parties just to sit at my side as I slept and would hold my hand. He is my greatest love and he is so good to me. How do we manage to go without those sweet faces during their days at school. Guess we just remember LOVE.
kades
What a wonderful young person he must be! There is no medicine in the world that can replace love or it's effects on our hearts and minds.

When someone tells me that our world is going to hell, I always tell them that it is most certainly not. It's going to our children who will make it better than we did.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #4150
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle
Today was my oldest's first day of kindergarten. I felt happiness deep in my bones when I picked her up and she said she had a great day :) Oh, and I also cried LOL
Funny how we feel sad when they are able to go off to school. It is almost a relief when they have a great day. I'm glad she had a good time. It will seem like next week when she is old enough to be graduating from HS, so enjoy it all!!