"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #4161
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouffle View Post
The last thing that made me smile was deciding what i wanted for breakfast- A freshly picked orange from the tree outside! very sweet!(i'm currently in spain).
Yum! That would make me smile to! Both the orange and Spain!
__________________

__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #4162
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
...I read an excerpt from a historical document one time that was written by a Roman Senator. He was expressing his worry about the "new generation" that his son was in. He went further to say that the wild and new ways of thinking that his sons age group was expressing was radical and contrary to his generations way of thinking.

It seems times will never change in that respect.

My Father would have said Steve Miller's music was "G-D noise, not music"! I can almost hear him now...
I have to laugh at myself. I hear myself complaining about today's music and remember my parents' complaining about Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis and so many others.

I guess it's the way of the world that every generation complains about the next. Except my generation is actually the best.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #4163
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have to laugh at myself. I hear myself complaining about today's music and remember my parents' complaining about Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis and so many others.

I guess it's the way of the world that every generation complains about the next. Except my generation is actually the best.
OMG, my Father hated music! Any kind of music. When we were teens, I think his hatred for music reached a new high. We wore out that poor 6 foot long record player we had. This thing was a huge piece of furniture. Nothing but a record player and radio in it. It had FM too! At that time, only the best "stereos" had FM. Ha! Now, a digital radio 1" square, with some headphones, sounds better than that thing did.

He bought the stereo for my Mom so she could listen to Dean Martin. She had every one of his records...."Everybody, loves somebody.....sometimessssssss"
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #4164
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,110
When tomato sauce is the same as tomato paste.
When soy sauce is the same as worchestershire sauce.
And why did he kill those vegetables anyways?
Watch this....
Henry's Anytime Chili for One. [VIDEO]
__________________
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #4165
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Zhizara's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 12,537
That's hilarious, Bliss. What got me the most was the whole teaspoon of salt.
__________________

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #4166
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
That's hilarious, Bliss. What got me the most was the whole teaspoon of salt.
YES!
And maybe I missed it but what does his brother hitting him in the head with a rock have to do with murdering that onion with the peel on it?
__________________
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #4167
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
That may well be the worst chili I've ever seen made! I hope that dude is good at something else...Ha!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #4168
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I have to laugh at myself. I hear myself complaining about today's music and remember my parents' complaining about Bill Haley and the Comets, Elvis and so many others.

I guess it's the way of the world that every generation complains about the next. Except my generation is actually the best.

I feel the same! When I was a kid it was long hair and bell bottoms, maybe even a Nehru jacket. Today it's pants on the ground. Progress!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #4169
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Today it's pants on the ground.
I have GOT to tell you about the young man I saw downtown the other day; He had on a pair of shorts, that if worn with the waist of the shorts actually AT the waist, would reach just below the knees.

The bottom of the shorts were just clearing the floor, and I have no idea how he was keeping them from falling off. The waist of the shorts was literally BELOW his butt. He had on a pair of plaid boxer shorts that were entirely visible.

Sorry to all you young folks out there, but I thought it just looked clownish. I actually laughed when I looked at him. I don't think it was the impression he was looking for. His girlfriend was made up with that heavy Gothic look. Black nails, black eyes, stringy bright red hair and 20 pounds of cheap jewelry above a mini-mini skirt with her undies sticking out.

I felt like the freakin circus had come to town!

(Now I sound just like my Dad)
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #4170
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I have GOT to tell you about the young man I saw downtown the other day; He had on a pair of shorts, that if worn with the waist of the shorts actually AT the waist, would reach just below the knees.

The bottom of the shorts were just clearing the floor, and I have no idea how he was keeping them from falling off. The waist of the shorts was literally BELOW his butt. He had on a pair of plaid boxer shorts that were entirely visible.

Sorry to all you young folks out there, but I thought it just looked clownish. I actually laughed when I looked at him. I don't think it was the impression he was looking for. His girlfriend was made up with that heavy Gothic look. Black nails, black eyes, stringy bright red hair and 20 pounds of cheap jewelry above a mini-mini skirt with her undies sticking out.

I felt like the freakin circus had come to town!

(Now I sound just like my Dad)
You sound juat how I feel and want to yell out go fix your cloths you moron. I wonder if these kids realize just how foolish they look. My parents would have lock me in the hose and we'd have had a big sit down. and I'd never have tried that again. Now days the kids keep other cloths at school to change into. If they were mine I'd be at that school and Insist something be done NOW!!!!!
kades head up my friend and be proud.
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.