"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 08-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #4171
Chef Extraordinaire

some one buys those clothes and i'm thinking its mom. why would you spend good money on that stuff. goth look requires lots of cosmetics. not cheap. if the kid has a job he may buy it himself. however if he dresses like that, probably can't get a job. so moms need to lay down the law. don't enable this stuff.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #4172
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

LOL! Luckily, in the school setting, we can tell them to pull 'em up. We also keep a stash of zip ties if they don't have a belt, just run a tie through a couple of belt loops.

Saw a full pair of plaid boxers on a kid last year, his pants waistband was BELOW the boxers, around his thighs! The crotch of his pants was below his knees! How he kept them up, I'll never know.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #4173
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful View Post
YES!
And maybe I missed it but what does his brother hitting him in the head with a rock have to do with murdering that onion with the peel on it?
I think that was his excuse for being... mentally damaged?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #4174
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy

OMG, my Father hated music! Any kind of music. When we were teens, I think his hatred for music reached a new high. We wore out that poor 6 foot long record player we had. This thing was a huge piece of furniture. Nothing but a record player and radio in it. It had FM too! At that time, only the best "stereos" had FM. Ha! Now, a digital radio 1" square, with some headphones, sounds better than that thing did.

He bought the stereo for my Mom so she could listen to Dean Martin. She had every one of his records...."Everybody, loves somebody.....sometimessssssss"
I still have an old 6' long stereo. I inherited it from my grandmother when she passed. I need to find the parts to replace some stuff on the circuit board and then it will work again. Little bro blew them when he jury-rigged a connection to the computer so he could listen to more than the fm radio and old records that I have.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #4175
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy

I have GOT to tell you about the young man I saw downtown the other day; He had on a pair of shorts, that if worn with the waist of the shorts actually AT the waist, would reach just below the knees.

The bottom of the shorts were just clearing the floor, and I have no idea how he was keeping them from falling off. The waist of the shorts was literally BELOW his butt. He had on a pair of plaid boxer shorts that were entirely visible.

Sorry to all you young folks out there, but I thought it just looked clownish. I actually laughed when I looked at him. I don't think it was the impression he was looking for. His girlfriend was made up with that heavy Gothic look. Black nails, black eyes, stringy bright red hair and 20 pounds of cheap jewelry above a mini-mini skirt with her undies sticking out.

I felt like the freakin circus had come to town!

(Now I sound just like my Dad)
Ugh, I remember when the pants below the wasteline trend started. I don't mind most looks so long as they aren't trashy or lazy looking. The pants falling down looks lazy to me, the skirts that show the underwear look trashy.

I can't really say too much about extreme makeup. I used to own (and wear) lime green, ice blue, dark moss green, deep red, silver, and violet lipstick. I had eye shadow and mascara to match. I also used to wear white mascara.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #4176
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Ugh, I remember when the pants below the wasteline trend started. I don't mind most looks so long as they aren't trashy or lazy looking. The pants falling down looks lazy to me, the skirts that show the underwear look trashy.

I can't really say too much about extreme makeup. I used to own (and wear) lime green, ice blue, dark moss green, deep red, silver, and violet lipstick. I had eye shadow and mascara to match. I also used to wear white mascara.
When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows class, I don't care how wild it is. In my lifetime, I think I've seen most of what can be done.

When someone wears clothing or makeup that shows no class, I recognize it for what it is; a person with no class who is just trying to draw attention to themselves. To that type of person, even negative attention is better than no attention.

Having class isn't a generational thing. It's something that fits all generations and times. People with no class have been the same type of person since Ug and Mrs. Ug lived at cave street in Dinotown.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #4177
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Those two 11 year old girls from New Zealand, just posted, who want recipes for their cookbook, with proceeds to be given to a charity of their choice! They want regional dishes from all over the world, with the sender giving the location.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #4178
Cook

Sometimes I smile just because. Although, having a wonderful new daughter probably helps.

*not actually a hero
NotActuallyaHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:06 AM   #4179
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Those two 11 year old girls from New Zealand, just posted, who want recipes for their cookbook, with proceeds to be given to a charity of their choice! They want regional dishes from all over the world, with the sender giving the location.

I guess I am jaded.

When I see things like that I smile and then I picture Peggy in Customer Service from the television commercial.

Sorry ladies, no offense intended.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #4180
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I guess I am jaded.

When I see things like that I smile and then I picture Peggy in Customer Service from the television commercial.

Sorry ladies, no offense intended.
That commercial cracks me up! When that dude says "Hi, my name is Peggy", I lose it every time! What a hoot!

« Finally | - »