"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #4241
Head Chef

The on-going Chicken Chronicles from CWS. What a witty group the DCers are.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #4242
Chef Extraordinaire

I really should have my camera everytime I go to let the chickens out. Because the chickens came before the coop, they've been housed in the barn (it was a cattle barn and is a VERY nice barn). Hence, why they have tractors and a canoe. Well, last week the barred Plymouth Rocks FINALLY started laying. I opened the barn door one morning last week only to be greeted by one of the PRs in the Vari200 (which sits up on top of a Vari700). Cocky Rocky was standing in front of the crate peering in, one of the other PRs was perched on top of the crate, Harriet and Myrtle were clustered close to Rocky, and the other PR was at the back of the crate. All of them were clucking and carrying on, as if to tell Henny (or was it Penny) to "push harder" you can do it! As soon as she was done, they all peered into the crate and then looked back at her. It was so funny to watch them as they coached her on how to lay her first egg...

Old 10-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #4243
Head Chef

I do hope you've seen the movie Chicken Run.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:35 PM   #4244
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
I really should have my camera everytime I go to let the chickens out. Because the chickens came before the coop, they've been housed in the barn (it was a cattle barn and is a VERY nice barn). Hence, why they have tractors and a canoe. Well, last week the barred Plymouth Rocks FINALLY started laying. I opened the barn door one morning last week only to be greeted by one of the PRs in the Vari200 (which sits up on top of a Vari700). Cocky Rocky was standing in front of the crate peering in, one of the other PRs was perched on top of the crate, Harriet and Myrtle were clustered close to Rocky, and the other PR was at the back of the crate. All of them were clucking and carrying on, as if to tell Henny (or was it Penny) to "push harder" you can do it! As soon as she was done, they all peered into the crate and then looked back at her. It was so funny to watch them as they coached her on how to lay her first egg...
Aw, sweet! Lamaze coaches!

What, no ice chips, no breathing exercises?
Old 10-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #4245
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Patron says "Hi" to his fans. Bosses phone is on the fritz, so we didn't get any pictures.

It still makes me feel so good that such a little scrap of dog loves me so much. He is still under 2 pounds and just a scream. We got his winter coat on him today, he still thinks we are torturing him to make him wear something to keep warm, but it's so cute!!! I picked a pansy for him today to carry into the office for his Mom, that I wish I had gotten a picture of, the pansy was bigger than his head.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #4246
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Patron says "Hi" to his fans. Bosses phone is on the fritz, so we didn't get any pictures.

It still makes me feel so good that such a little scrap of dog loves me so much. He is still under 2 pounds and just a scream. We got his winter coat on him today, he still thinks we are torturing him to make him wear something to keep warm, but it's so cute!!! I picked a pansy for him today to carry into the office for his Mom, that I wish I had gotten a picture of, the pansy was bigger than his head.
"Hi" back to Patron! As a member of the FOP (Fans of Patron) Club, I am eagerly awaiting more pics!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #4247
Chef Extraordinaire

Love is a little girl in kindergarten who wants to take her in for show and tell. When she asked me I alsost fell off my chair laughing. I told her I'd go let's see how many kids I scare!!!!
kades
Old 10-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #4248
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Love is a little girl in kindergarten who wants to take her in for show and tell. When she asked me I alsost fell off my chair laughing. I told her I'd go let's see how many kids I scare!!!!
kades
Oh, c'mon, Kades!

That's sweet!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #4249
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

How cute...Show & Tell with Grandma. You might take some cookies!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #4250
Executive Chef

Had to smile tonight when I got a video from my daughter featuring my 2 year old granddaughter with a severe case of the giggles.......too cute!