"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #4271
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Babe, I have a cookie jar that the g-kids love to help me fill. I also have a drawer in the kitchen that belongs to them. It has stickers, coloring books, markers, drawing paper, pencils, etc. It is so important to them to feel like they have special things at my house that are just for them.

it is very important, i think. i have children's books in a magazine holder in the living room. i have three little chairs or benches. just the right height when they eat at the coffee table (it is washable.) i often let them help frost cupcakes. aubrey is a sprinkle queen. lilly, not so much, she just eats the frosting. i also have art stuff and measuring cups, etc. in special place. lilly is really good at cooking water. i save all those free address stickers . lilly likes to stick them on paper. i just love these babies. always have been a kid person.
__________________

__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #4272
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
it is very important, i think. i have children's books in a magazine holder in the living room. i have three little chairs or benches. just the right height when they eat at the coffee table (it is washable.) i often let them help frost cupcakes. aubrey is a sprinkle queen. lilly, not so much, she just eats the frosting. i also have art stuff and measuring cups, etc. in special place. lilly is really good at cooking water. i save all those free address stickers . lilly likes to stick them on paper. i just love these babies. always have been a kid person.
I bet those kids adore you babe. How wonderful for them to have you in their lives.
kades
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #4273
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
This is rather morbid I was told but doing this for my babies makes my day and makes me smile. I ordered and got 2 books for the kids to share with their sibs both books provide me with a way to record my voice for them. One of them had said Ma what do we do to remember your voice when you can't talk to us anymore. Sooo good ol Ma bought these books and will give them to the kids at Christmas.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #4274
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
This is rather morbid I was told but doing this for my babies makes my day and makes me smile. I ordered and got 2 books for the kids to share with their sibs both books provide me with a way to record my voice for them. One of them had said Ma what do we do to remember your voice when you can't talk to us anymore. Sooo good ol Ma bought these books and will give them to the kids at Christmas.
kades
I think that's sweet, Kades! I tried to get my mom to do the same for my niece. What a neat gift!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #4275
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
I love that Kades. I wish I had a children's book with my mom's voice on it. What a wonderful gift for them. Now when you are not home they can listen to your voice!
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #4276
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I think that's sweet, Kades! I tried to get my mom to do the same for my niece. What a neat gift!
Thanks friend that means a lot to me and I hope my babies some day. Hope your mom does this for your niece kids do get the message.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #4277
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
I want a book with Ma's voice, too!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #4278
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I love that Kades. I wish I had a children's book with my mom's voice on it. What a wonderful gift for them. Now when you are not home they can listen to your voice!
That's my idea the kids are worried about as it is we've been through so much these past several years.This I'm hoping will calm their fears some.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #4279
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I want a book with Ma's voice, too!
Let's see what we can get the old boy in the red suit to do.
kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #4280
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Let's see what we can get the old boy in the red suit to do.
kades
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Finally | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.