Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the whole last weekend!
We had our annual meeting from an internet forum and it was soi much fun to see all these women again!
One of these I know for more than six years now but we first met at last years meeting and it was great she was there again!
we all had lost of fun and lots of laughung ands it's a pity this weekend ended soo fast!

Dear All:

The news couldn't have come to me in a more dramatic fashion: Tuesday, on the day of the most adverse weather conditions for this time of the year--a torrential downpour of rain for over 3 days, causing mud & rock slides, flooding, washouts, and closing down railway operations on both sides of the Fraser Canyon. It was after a 20-hour away-from-home layover, and having been ordered to operate my train over unfamiliar territory (CP Rail), due to track closure on our side (CN Rail) of the river. It was exactly high noon when my cell phone rang amidst the thundering roar of the locomotive engine, as I was at full throttle pulling through the last of the ascending grades out of the Canyon, heading onto the gentler, kinder grades of the Fraser River. It was Eva informing me that our adoption agency had just called, and she has to go and pick up our adoption-proposal from China. Neither one of us bother to ask for any further details, on both of our receiving phone calls.

It was almost an hour later when she'd called again, after she was taken totally by surprise, that we're virtually the winners of the-luck-of-the-draw, in a 2 percentile probability, that the Lord has blessed us with a BOY from China!

By the time I arrived at home, all I had time for was to change quickly and head for our church, for the weekly Alpha Course. The good news certainly brought joy, laughter, hugs & kisses from all around, asking for his name-to-be. I was up to the challenge from Brother Roger who'd said that since our family name starts with the letter "H", his (or her) initials will have to be "HRH"; therefore, his name shall be Harrison Robin H., with a matching (to the sounds of “Har-ri-son”
許禮信 - 中國的 “禮義廉恥”,和基督的 “信望愛”) Chinese name.

Harrison was born on 21 Feb.2005, in the City of Ma'An Shan
馬鞍山, along the Yangtze River. Ma'An Shan is a prosperous city in the middle of the industrial heartland of China, which is known for its iron & steel production. The city is located in close proximity to Nanjing, Shanghai, and Hefei 合淝市 (the provincial capital of Anhui Province安徽省). May I salute her diligence, for Eva was quick to locate the phone number of the orphanage, working with only the name of the institution on the proposal. Contact has already been made with the director, and local support upon our eventual arrival has also been secured.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord.

akwx

Wow! That is something to smile about!! Congrats to you and Eva! Is this your first child? What a wonderful life change you are about to enjoy!!

Paul just wrote from work. Microsoft has decided that instead of the two day holiday break ( Thanksgiving day and Friday) that they are giving everyone who worked on VISTA an extra paid day!! Three days off and then a weekend!!! Yippppeeeeeee!!!! A whole five days to play!

pdswife said:
Paul just wrote from work. Microsoft has decided that instead of the two day holiday break ( Thanksgiving day and Friday) that they are giving everyone who worked on VISTA an extra paid day!! Three days off and then a weekend!!! Yippppeeeeeee!!!! A whole five days to play!
Now that is something to smile about. WooHooo:LOL:
I'm smiling for you and for me too. Cade and his mommy are going to go to lunch with me today. Can't wait:)
kadesma

akwx, my heartiest congratulations to you and Eva. Being born on 21 Feb 2005, your bundle of joy will be a Piscean. In the Chinese almanac, he will be a Rooster child. For my 2 cents' worth, a Pisces/Rooster person will have a peace-loving personality with an exacting but co-operative character!

pdswife said:

It's nice to work for Microsoft after all!

Harrison was born on 21 Feb.2005, in the City of Ma'An Shan
馬鞍山, along the Yangtze River. Ma'An Shan is a prosperous city in the middle of the industrial heartland of China, which is known for its iron & steel production. The city is located in close proximity to Nanjing, Shanghai, and Hefei 合淝市 (the provincial capital of Anhui Province安徽省). May I salute her diligence, for Eva was quick to locate the phone number of the orphanage, working with only the name of the institution on the proposal. Contact has already been made with the director, and local support upon our eventual arrival has also been secured.
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord.

akwx [/quote]

How wonderful!! Your news made me smile too. My cousin and her hubby have just adopted a little boy from Taiwan (8 months ago) he was 20 months when they got him and has settled in really well. They are so ecstatic because they are unable to have biological children.
When do you go to pick him up???

hearing akwx's news makes me smile, and think of my best friend from childhood, who also adopted Chinese children (two girls, two separate occasions).

i'm still smiling from getting to meet up with mudbug this morning. :)

she's even nicer in person, if you can believe that (i did get bopped on the head once, however), and her hh is one of those guys that makes you feel comfortable chatting the moment you meet him.

apples not falling far from trees, 'bug's dd is a very sweet girl with a great sense of humour. she'll be knockin' the boys dead very soon, indeed!

i wish i had more time with them, but i was ready to drop from working the overnights, having only slept about 6 hours all week. i was able to sneak them on to the letterman stage for a few pics, but then i sent them back out into the concrete jungle for the day on their own, which they seemed to be enjoying. can't wait 'till next summer to head down virginny way for a pig roast at 'bug's.

'bug did promise me to attend a dc nyc get together if we're able to plan one in the next few months. gotta start working on that. pm me if anyone's interested, with ideas for date, time, and place.

i'm still smiling...:)

sush, you know you have a standing invitation to any dc get together.

i think you'd do well here in nyc.

When I received a picture in the mail of a dear and beautiful lady that I have been lucky enough to befriend here. And Cade is a doll too!!

the Shed arrived this morning, something weve needed since we moved in here (not too long ago) so we can store all the boxes in so we can have carpet up the stairs and the top landing.
well we ordered an 8x10, laid all the slabs and foundations last week, and just waited until today (delivery/construction day).
well... when we saw it, it was a Monster Shed! you could Live in it!
we only have a postage stamp of a garden anyway, but seeing things on a tape measure and then seeing the Reality! well, I just had to smile :)

happily it all fit in place quite well although I did have to cut down some of the bows off the conifers at the back.

so I know where I`ll ellect to sleep if ever the DW and I argue, and it won`t be the Dog House :))

Back
Top Bottom