"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 03-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #4371
Head Chef

I smiled as I watched the mockingbird actually use the birdbath for his bath. What's that song about dirty birds walking south? Oh, Tennessee Birdwalk, I think. Oh boy. I needed another ear worm.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #4372
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was sitting at my computer at work when I heard our Admissions director calling for Buster, her Australian Shepard. He was politely sitting behind me, waiting for me to notice him...he got double treats and I got big smiles.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #4373
Chef Extraordinaire

A phone call I just got a few minutes ago. The cake was a big hit and a total surprise. He is still in shock. Can't figure why would someone he doesn't even know or ever met, would bake him a cake and the deliver it without even knocking on his hotel door. So the surprise worked.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #4374
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
A phone call I just got a few minutes ago. The cake was a big hit and a total surprise. He is still in shock. Can't figure why would someone he doesn't even know or ever met, would bake him a cake and the deliver it without even knocking on his hotel door. So the surprise worked.
Yea!!!!! I'm so glad it was a hit!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #4375
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yea!!!!! I'm so glad it was a hit!
My girlfriend said that he just went on and on. When she told him that knowing his wife was a diabetic, and that I didn't put the full amount of sugar in the frosting knowing this, he relayed that to his wife and she went for her third piece.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #4376
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was sitting at my computer at work when I heard our Admissions director calling for Buster, her Australian Shepard. He was politely sitting behind me, waiting for me to notice him...he got double treats and I got big smiles.
Dogs are the best for smiles!

We were watching a movie tonight and Violet was curled up on one end of the couch, then DH, then Joie then me. They both looked so peaceful and content I couldn't help but smile.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #4377
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Dogs are the best for smiles!

We were watching a movie tonight and Violet was curled up on one end of the couch, then DH, then Joie then me. They both looked so peaceful and content I couldn't help but smile.
Buster is so sweet and very laid back. Bernice doesn't worry when he wanders off, she knows he makes it to where the treats are. He's only 3 months old and is so good. His eyes are khaki colored, a bit unsettling at first!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #4378
Executive Chef

Got to play outside with the 2 y/o nephew. Usually the bigger kids are out there too and he spends a lot of tine dodging them or getting run over. He had the yard, giant trampoline and playset all to himself today and was just tickled about it. He spent the first 5 minutes just running from one thing to the next, pointing at it, shaking his head like a crazy person and laughing his little butt off.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #4379
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Got to play outside with the 2 y/o nephew. Usually the bigger kids are out there too and he spends a lot of tine dodging them or getting run over. He had the yard, giant trampoline and playset all to himself today and was just tickled about it. He spent the first 5 minutes just running from one thing to the next, pointing at it, shaking his head like a crazy person and laughing his little butt off.
Now THAT just put a huge smile on my face! Thanks, PAG!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #4380
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Now that sounds like fun, it put a big smile on my face, too!