"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #4551
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
He had a perforated appendix and tried to die on me...about a month ago. I wouldn't let him.
Just like a wife, always saying, "NO, you can't do that!" to her husband.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #4552
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yeah, if anything gets him, it's going to be me. In my own time, 'cuz I'm not done with him yet.

I'm not smiling yet, too early, but I'm thinking about it.
so funny Fiona
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #4553
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
one of the things we love about you so much, pf, is your irrepressible humor
Thank you, Vit. A very nice thing to say
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #4554
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just like a wife, always saying, "NO, you can't do that!" to her husband.
What? I was supposed to let him go before he told me where he hid all the money...Mam didn't raise any idiots...oh wait, there is my sister...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #4555
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Now we have a "construction dog" at work, she belongs to a guy doing work around the facility. She's part Chocolate lab and part Pointer, the friendliest dog I've met in a long time. She doesn't wag her tail, it looks like a propeller and she loves everyone!

She made me smile!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #4556
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Now we have a "construction dog" at work, she belongs to a guy doing work around the facility. She's part Chocolate lab and part Pointer, the friendliest dog I've met in a long time. She doesn't wag her tail, it looks like a propeller and she loves everyone!

She made me smile!
Sweetness! Lucky you to have such a wonderful workplace. How's Patron and the other pups?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #4557
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Sweetness! Lucky you to have such a wonderful workplace. How's Patron and the other pups?
The whole pack is doing well. Patron went boating last weekend and wore his lifejacket.

The JR, I'm not sure if she's going to learn to walk, she's always being carried by someone.

Pharmacy Dog got his haircut for the summer, looks like half the dog he used to be

I haven't seen Admit Dog, Medical Records Dog or Scheduling Dog lately.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #4558
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

The whole pack is doing well. Patron went boating last weekend and wore his lifejacket.

The JR, I'm not sure if she's going to learn to walk, she's always being carried by someone.

Pharmacy Dog got his haircut for the summer, looks like half the dog he used to be

I haven't seen Admit Dog, Medical Records Dog or Scheduling Dog lately.
Your first three lines made me smile!

The last line of your post makes me want to go look for them. Where do I find them?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #4559
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Your first three lines made me smile!

The last line of your post makes me want to go look for them. Where do I find them?
I think part of it is they are no longer puppies and they get to stay home and play with their kids who are out of school.

Patron is a year old now!!!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #4560
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I think part of it is they are no longer puppies and they get to stay home and play with their kids who are out of school.

Patron is a year old now!!!
Wow! Happy Birthday Patron!!!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.