"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #4631
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Just reading what make this DC family smile. It's such a pleasure to read this thread.
kades
I agree, Ma!

I have a smile I should have reported yesterday. DH called me when he got to work just before he was to start his bus run. They have recently put cameras in the buses which are supposed to help the drivers in case of an accident (it comes on and records anything when there is an impact or sudden stop, but there is a real uproar because the drivers and union believe it is to "spy" on the drivers - DH is not of that opinion). Anyway, he mentioned to me yesterday morning that he is unsure if he should go through yelllow lights or stop quick (could hurt passengers as they are disabled and/or elderly). He said he has been triggering the camera a lot lately.

Anyway, when he got in, he ran into one of the people who survey the cameras and jokingly said "I guess you have been seeing a lot of me lately". To which the guy said "Are you kidding? You are one of the best drivers here and I am not the only one that thinks so"!

DH needed that boost of confidence and I got a smile! I know he is a great driver but my opinion doesn't count.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #4632
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Just reading what make this DC family smile. It's such a pleasure to read this thread.
kades
I agree Kades, I love reading this thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #4633
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I agree, Ma!

They have recently put cameras in the buses which are supposed to help the drivers in case of an accident (it comes on and records anything when there is an impact or sudden stop, but there is a real uproar because the drivers and union believe it is to "spy" on the drivers

DH needed that boost of confidence and I got a smile! I know he is a great driver but my opinion doesn't count.
Like any large city, Boston has its sections that have a high crime rate. The bus drivers that work those routes, demanded cameras for their own safety. Now ALL the buses and the subway trains along with the platforms have cameras. There are cameras everywhere you look. No stink raised here. We even have cameras on some streets. If you are up to no good, then you have a worry. If you are a law abiding citizen, then no worry.

Our drivers are not allowed to have cell phones with them. We had a rear end accident with a driver texting while driving.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #4634
Chef Extraordinaire

We have had cameras on our buses for awhile now...there are about 3 throughout each bus, I think it is a great idea
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #4635
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

LOL!! Maybe you had to be here but...I grabbed a handful of M&M's and carefully ate all but the green ones. I took them over to Shrek and traded them out for brown ones in his bowl. The look on his face was priceless and he said "Now what the heck was that all about?" I told him the weren't ripe, yet. He turned as blue as a blue M&M....trying not to give me the satisfaction of a laugh.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #4636
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
LOL!! Maybe you had to be here but...I grabbed a handful of M&M's and carefully ate all but the green ones. I took them over to Shrek and traded them out for brown ones in his bowl. The look on his face was priceless and he said "Now what the heck was that all about?" I told him the weren't ripe, yet. He turned as blue as a blue M&M....trying not to give me the satisfaction of a laugh.
I just love the way you torture him.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #4637
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Now why can't I think of something so clever? Wait...Hubby doesn't read this forum...maybe I did just think of something clever. I'm off to buy m&m's...;)
Old 07-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #4638
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

So glad to help you out with tormenting the spouse! It's just so much fun!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #4639
Chef Extraordinaire

The glass of Jim Beam and coke I just had
Old 07-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #4640
Certified Cake Maniac

Just came home from having tea with a couple we haven't seen for awhile. When we lived closer we would meet all the time at the near to both of us Tim Horton's. When we moved, we saw less and less of each other (we are now 20 minutes apart instead of 5 ).

It was such a good time to sit and chat. It brought a huge smile to my face that we can just do these kind of things spur of the moment again and not have to worry about Dad or anything.

Then DH and I went to McDonald's for a late supper, returning home to take the dogs for a late walk around the complex. Good exercise for all of us! That was the third walk of the day for DH and "kids" and second for me!

I am loving my summer.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote