"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #4721
Chef Extraordinaire

went to concert where my grandkids(grown kids) won the concert. was big deal, with money and perks involved. smiles all night.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #4722
Master Chef

Congrats to the kids, babetoo, I would for sure be smiling too!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #4723
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J
Congrats to the kids, babetoo, I would for sure be smiling too!
+1!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #4724
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Yup, and he won. For those of you who don't know what we are talking about, there was a picture of a male model in briefs. To say he was well endowed is putting it mildly. That catalog became the talk of the country. Every woman wanted a copy of that catalog.
I remember that! My mom and auntie were giggling about it - I was just out of high school. A guy wrote a song about that years ago.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #4725
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J

I remember that! My mom and auntie were giggling about it - I was just out of high school. A guy wrote a song about that years ago.

OMG! Too funny, Cheryl!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 AM   #4726
Certified Cake Maniac

We have started moving our rooms around and DH's desk is in his room and I have my desk, sewing desk and one table (will have another at some point. I also have Violet's office bed with me because there are hardwood floors in here and she doesn't like the cool floor.

Anyway, as we predicted, the "girls" are in the studio, while Joie and DH are in the "man cave"! It's not that each favours one of us over the other, it's just how it is! Joie has claimed that room ever since Dad went into the hospital this last time and it seems that he is "allowing" DH to share it with him.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #4727
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday one of my older granddaughters stopped by to just visit. She lives out of state and came down from Maine to try and find a job down here. She stopped by again today to use the computer to apply for jobs. I helped raise her and she is very special to me. She is one of the five kids my daughter left behind when she died. It was so good to see her and know she is doing okay.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #4728
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Yesterday one of my older granddaughters stopped by to just visit. She lives out of state and came down from Maine to try and find a job down here. She stopped by again today to use the computer to apply for jobs. I helped raise her and she is very special to me. She is one of the five kids my daughter left behind when she died. It was so good to see her and know she is doing okay.
That would make me smile too! I sure hope she finds a job and will be living close by you.
;)
Old 08-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #4729
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Addie,
I'm with chopper on this one. I hope and pray she finds that perfect job and moves so she can be close to her "Ma" and the smile never leaves your face.
kades
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #4730
Chef Extraordinaire

Now I need to share my smile. This morning my daughter stopped by to pick up the foccacia, sandwiches I made for her and a teacher friend. I piled on the ham,mortadella with pistashio's thin sliced apple, swiss cheese mayo and mustard.oh yes and lettuce. add a small baggies of homemade pickles,and sliced avocado, tomato and thin sliced onion. These were just in case condiments I'm so use to seeing both boys with her I was shocked not to see Cade. He is going to Jr.High now and starts school next tues. Little Carson came running in threw himself on the bed, hugged me and asked ever so sweetly, Ma did the tooth fairy come. Yes honey he left you 5.00 Here it is under the pillow. Boy did he grin the day was made and he was off to school.
Wonderful way to start the day.
kades

« Finally | - »