Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I was in the grocery store bathroom with both the kids today. This lady walks in and asks me if they are twins! I kinda start laughing like she made a joke but when I look at her she is dead serious, waiting for me to answer. I tell her no and don't point out the obvious 3 year difference between them. Then she proceeds to ask me if they are both mine. Sure, in this day and age it's possible that they couldn't be mine but didn't she just assume they were twins? I guess I could have been their nanny.

Well, It made me laugh so I thought I'd share.

Ah, sweet Cade. What a nice guy he is!

Same here UB. When Cora comes on and tells us about those two sweeties of hers it always brings smiles.:)
Plus I have something tos mile over too...Cade has been wanting to ride in an airplane..So his dd had to be in Oregon and Seattle from tues to thursday. He made plans and he and Cades mommy surprised him with his first plane ride teus morning. I got a call, andswered and heard, Ma? yes, hi ma, I got to ride to Oregon on a plane!! I'm in the car now but I just wanted to tell you..Bye ma I love you see you sunday..can I spend the night then?:LOL: Boy the rest of my day was super..To cap it off, we had gone out of town for lunch and were coming from Sacramento, the phone rings, it's my daughter, saying Hi look over here..I look across the car where going toward Modesto are daughter, son-in-law and my Cade waving at us as they go by:LOL: ..Now what could be any better?
kadesma

Finding a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the grocery store. Geez, I thought I was going to have to buy store brand! :huh: You don't think they were brought in for the employees, do you? :ermm: Of course, I did ring them on the self check isle. :( An employee did put a paid sticker on the box since it was too large to go in a bag. :wacko: All I have to say for myself is "they were really really good. :)

The story my brother told me about his recent yearly physical..... its not PG13 so I best not repeat..... all I can say is I laughed so hard I cried. :ROFLMAO:

I subbed in a 4th grade class today & was told by another teacher that a boy in the class was having a hard time because his mom is getting married tomorrow. She said if I needed any help with him to come get her. For about the first 30 minutes of class this morning I watched this child sit at his desk & read book after book. He never smiled, spoke to anyone, or anything. It broke my heart to see the sadness in his eyes. When he would look up, I made it a point to smile at him. Half way through the day, he smiled back. Well, at the end of the day, he came up beside me & hugged me. I asked him what the hug was for & he said, "Just for smiling at me, it made my day better." Those simple words were enough to bring tears to my eyes. It reminded me that sometimes something as simple as a smile can make someone's day.

Crewsk, that shows what a wonderful teacher you are... and that kind of moment really makes everything worthwhile, doesn't it... I hope everything will turn out well for the boy and he will be happier... and I hope the same thing to you and your family!!

:chef: corazon, as a mother and grandmother, I know how things like that melt our hearts. This made me smile. :)

Seeing my kids gobbling up ice cream cones and sandwiches made me smile. They had not had ice cream in over a week. LOL They deserved it today since they've been walking and biking for the last 4 days.

I'm so glad, my computer is up and running again...
lost lots of data :( but thank god not everything... I hope everything will stay okay... :rolleyes:

Having 8 kindergarteners run up to me and hug me and tell me goodbye--we had painted a huge rainbow and though it was a lot of work we all had fun. I'm a volunteer by the way at an international school---such cute, great kids!!!

Sometimes I have to work late & don't get home until 9 or 10. It doesn't happen often, but my DH just informed me that he doesn't like it when I don't come home after work right away . . . he needs his "Debbie fix"! Not only did I smile -- BIG -- I got all warm inside! Now is that gooey or what!? :p

warm feelings

Being with my family for Easter (all but my son Dan in Denver:cry:). And when my 5 year old grandaughter Emily talks to you she likes to hold your face in her little hands and look you right in your eyes. She had a owwie (she calls it that) on her lower leg and she showed it to her 4 year old cousin Josh and without saying a word he bent down and gave it a kiss, to make it feel better. Seeing that, sure gave me a warm feeling in my heart.:wub:

:chef: Really it's the sweet, tender things and watching children show tenderness, which usually come from them seeing it demonstrated in their owns lives that makes for a wonderful day, and makes us all stop for at least a moment to realize, how very important everything we do and saw really is, and that others, regardless of their age are watching just about everything we do or say. How very important for us to remember that and live our lives accordingly! :) :flowers:

After the not so pleasant weekend I had (see venting thread), I couldn't help but smile when a man approached me on the street and told me I should model. Although I think that's a bit of a stretch, I needed it after having felt so inadequate compared to the superhotties my boyfriend drooled over at the car show.

I also watched two toddlers (twins maybe?) fall asleep hugging each other on the train this morning. I'd be lying if I said that didn't brighten my day. :)

Back
Top Bottom