"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #4831
Executive Chef

Katie,
That is as good as getting carded in your 30's! So glad you are looking so young! ;)

Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #4832
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Katie,
That is as good as getting carded in your 30's! So glad you are looking so young! ;)
Thanks, chopper. Funny, too, because I got carded on my 30th birthday. When I responded in surprise to the person carding me, they told me not to "get smart" and asked me to produce my license. Hee! Hee! Those were the days!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #4833
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie h

thanks, chopper. Funny, too, because i got carded on my 30th birthday. When i responded in surprise to the person carding me, they told me not to "get smart" and asked me to produce my license. Hee! Hee! Those were the days!
lol. :d
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #4834
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I got carded in Chicago when I was 27. I didn't have a driver's license. Had to get the manager to accept a US passport as ID.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #4835
Chef Extraordinaire

Rocky woke me up again this morning!! (I might stop smiling about this, but for now, it makes me smile--I feel sooooo terrible that he got attacked).
Old 09-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #4836
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Rocky woke me up again this morning!! (I might stop smiling about this, but for now, it makes me smile--I feel sooooo terrible that he got attacked).
I wonder if he was attacked. I think he did the attacking in defence of his hens.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #4837
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I got carded in Chicago when I was 27. I didn't have a driver's license. Had to get the manager to accept a US passport as ID.
I got carded when I was 33. I had my youngest son in my arms. Before anyone ordered drinks, the waitress asked for my ID. I didn't have it with me as I don't drink. When we were leaving, I ask her why she thought I was too young. She told me that she thought I was a teenage mother. I could have hugged her. Instead I gave her a thank you and told her the baby was my fifth child and had three kids in high school. The look on her face was priceless.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #4838
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Rocky crowed four times this morning. He is in hospital (read that, in a Vari300 in the basement, with the woodstove going to keep him warm enough). He was allowed out for about 2 hours yesterday to visit the girls. We noticed he is limping so he was readmitted to hospital and will remain in isolation until ? But, he woke me up at 7 crowing! He hadn't made a sound since I found him last Saturday without his new girls. This was very unusual--Rocky is one mouthy rooster. And, he's eating and drinking today. He hadn't eaten since Monday until I brought him home Wednesday evening. I don't have Nurse Eggatha in with him, but if he gets depressed, I'll bring her back in to keep him company.
I think Rocky has finally figured out that you are his friend and not his enemy.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #4839
Chef Extraordinaire

He most likely was trying to fend off the weasel/fox/? His back is full of bites and he doesn't have his lovely plump feathers on his tail. The wound on his wing was still bleeding when I got there--so the attack was most likely Friday night/Saturday morning last week. The DH went out again yesterday to see if any of the girls were around. Nada.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #4840
Executive Chef

I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!

« Finally | - »