"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #4841
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We went to a lovely outdoor wedding for a rel. My sister in law had a beautiful baby boy about a week ago. She had him swaddled in a body carrier, and it just looked like she had a big middle boob. He slept through the whole ceremony and reception! Made me smile!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #4842
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We went to a lovely outdoor wedding for a rel. My sister in law had a beautiful baby boy about a week ago. She had him swaddled in a body carrier, and it just looked like she had a big middle boob. He slept through the whole ceremony and reception! Made me smile!
He never woke up? You never got to hear his voice or change a diaper? Bummer!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #4843
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
This was the wedding for which you, by tradition, had to paint your toenails I assume.

You have reminded me of what a comedian said about about reincarnation. The reason men can't remember their previous life is that the first thing they encounter when they are born is a boob the size of their head.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #4844
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

This kid is an angel! His mom always has him attached to something. His big sister has told us she would like to be an orphan (now where did that come from?) as she wants all the attention!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #4845
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

This kid is an angel! His mom always has him attached to something. His big sister has told us she would like to be an orphan (now where did that come from?) as she wants all the attention!
So, if there was a room full of babies you would not be able to pick him out by touch, smell or sound...horrible, just horrible!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #4846
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
So, if there was a room full of babies you would not be able to pick him out by touch, smell or sound...horrible, just horrible!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #4847
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny
I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!
I had a jewelry box like that when I was a little girl. I loved it! Thinking about it makes me smile!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #4848
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
I'm smiling lots this weekend. Grandkids are here! This morning I gave my almost 3 year old granddaughter a used jewelry box full of little bracelets and trinkets. It was the kind with the dancing ballerina that comes to life when the lid is opened. She was very intrigued by this and began calling it her special jewel box and alternately her ballerina box. We played with it all morning (dress up as she called it) later this morning, out of the blue, she says "Nana, I found buried treasure! Argh! Matey let's play pirates!" Cracked me up, she's a hoot!

what fun! your granddaughter sound simply delightful, sb! at the risk of repeating myself, 'this being a grandma is one fabulous trip!'
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #4849
Master Chef

This was more than a smile, it was a warm to your toes love message. We'd finished the walls to our kitchen about a month ago, and invited people, a bit here and a bit there, to see it.

A friend who was here the other night brought this very expensive bottle of single malt scotch over for my husband. As we were in the kitchen, just the two of us, I said, that's a very nice gift, thank you (and, yes, husband had as well). But when it was just the two of us, he told me that he'd never had a big brother, and that my husband was his big brother and looked after him.

I thought I'd cry. My husband has never had a sibling, and I feel he thinks the same way. He bought this guy compression socks because he flies so much. I just think that this kind of friendship makes me want to get uup in the morning and smile!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 AM   #4850
Chef Extraordinaire

Spending the day with my lovely Steve

« Finally | - »