Last thing that made you smile?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing my two Grandsons walk through the door Easter, I only get to see them every other week -- and the 2 1/2 yr. old' s first Easter egg hunt ! Pure joy !

my 3 yr old son at swimming lessons. (really, he is a champ swimmer, this is more for behavior reasons...will he listen to the teacher? Then I can put him into pre-school!)

JoAnn L. said:
Being with my family for Easter (all but my son Dan in Denver:cry:). And when my 5 year old grandaughter Emily talks to you she likes to hold your face in her little hands and look you right in your eyes. She had a owwie (she calls it that) on her lower leg and she showed it to her 4 year old cousin Josh and without saying a word he bent down and gave it a kiss, to make it feel better. Seeing that, sure gave me a warm feeling in my heart.:wub:

Aaaawww! Not only did that make me smile but made me all misty & stuff!:cry: Too too sweet!

I just saw this little video on BBC's website about a man who has been gardening for 93 years and it was so inspiring! That brought a smile to my face

michen_122 said:
I just saw this little video on BBC's website about a man who has been gardening for 93 years and it was so inspiring! That brought a smile to my face

Bless his sweet heart ! Hopefully someones Grandpa !

I just got back from my Developmental Psych class. We were talking about how the ability to learn stays constant through most of adulthood and one of my peers shared a story about a community college near her house. She said that this 80-year-old couple goes there to take classes together and are always walking around with backpacks on and holding hands. The story received a collective "awww" from the class and thinking about it still makes me smile. :)

Had a long day on the road. Over 80 miles and came home tired. It was a good day, but a long one.

Buck made me a drink and I'm sitting in "my" recliner in our family room. I'm joined by Ashley (my avatar), Chessie Lou, C.J. (Chessie's brother and littermate), Miss Rodeo, and Tigger. They love sitting with mommy and they are a comfort to me after a day like today. Looking at them, all cuddled up together, with smiles on their faces, makes me smile. I am loved.

Not a week for smiling for me I'm afraid. I'm trying to think . . . I guess it was last week when I saw my 1 1/2 yr. old niece for the first time in 9 mos. This week is pretty much a downer. One of my best friends passed away, my MIL is in the hospital, my dog nearly died (caught a quick onset illness in the nick of time), etc., etc. We always have blessing to count, and I have many close friends . . . that makes me smile!

Last edited:
Frightening my husband while he was in the shower shaving...he is ALWAYS making me jump. This time it was my turn to get him.

One of my brother's and his wife were in town visiting all last week. What a hoot he is! We were laughing and smiling all week . . . our cheeks were hurting and we had a blast!!!

Mommy deer and two baby fawns taking a nice walk through the yard. So very cute.

( hope that "nap" was good!")

The Hail that just came down along with some GREAT lightning and thunder. I love a good storm. It is now over and the sun is coming back out, so that is a reason to smile too.

I was working the Farmer's Market yesterday and a friend showed up too late to buy flowers - I gave her mine. Another friend's son had bought himself a bundle of the old fashioned cock's comb - he didn't even hesitate and brought me his when he saw my friend take mine! That was so very sweet! :)

Yesterday while watching little Olivia, having her run over to me and say uppy uppy Ma, then she offers me one of her little bare feet and says kiss em Ma..
Oh boy, these little ones can make your heart just sing.

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom