"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 03-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #5231
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Kylie, in the building that I live in, we have central air condition and heat. But the best part it is all included in my low rent. I can run either one 24/7 if I choose to.
That is pretty good Ads

Is it on all day and night and you regulate it and can you turn it off if you want to?

Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #5232
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That is pretty good Ads

Is it on all day and night and you regulate it and can you turn it off if you want to?
Each apartment has their own thermostat. In the summer, once the walls get cooled down, I can shut off the AC and the apartment stays cool for about three days before I have to turn it on again. In the winter, the walls, even though they are about 12" or more thick, they can get cold very quickly. Right now we are in the middle of a Nor'easter and the wind is hitting my side of the building pretty hard. My heaters have been running constantly. I wish this storm would hurry up and end. I hate the sound of the wind whistling around my apartment.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #5233
Chef Extraordinaire

That is great Ads that you can regulate it as you wish, sounds perfect!

With the sound of the wind, if it is keeping you awake at night, have you tried using earplugs?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #5234
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That is great Ads that you can regulate it as you wish, sounds perfect!

With the sound of the wind, if it is keeping you awake at night, have you tried using earplugs?
These storms only come once or twice a year. I can live with the wind. I just make sure I don't go out in it.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #5235
Chef Extraordinaire

What made me smile today was seeing the new weather forecast and seeing that on Thursday there is finally going to be a break in this heatwave we have been having for 3 weeks YAY!!!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #5236
Chef Extraordinaire

Sitting and watching ten kids have a blast at grandsons 8th birthday party they had so much fun and all the kisses Pa and I got from the kidsd it was just wonderful. Carson is now in posetion of a new wii game and is one happy camper. me too. Cade sat with me til several of his soccor buds came by was yesterday fun.
kades
Old 03-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #5237
Head Chef

I went by the library today to pick up a couple of books I had asked for. I smiled to see how many people take advantage of using the library - and also smiled because I have a new batch of books to read. Oh boy!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #5238
Certified Cake Maniac

Spent a hour or so with my two "sons" this afternoon which always brings a smile to my face. They are my best friend's boys and I have known them since the oldest was 6 months. They are 17 and 15 now and so grown up. But they seem to still love spending time with me which is great....except of course when their friends are around. Which is also still cool!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #5239
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I went to get my car washed, it was desperately in need of a wash, and I had enough Esso points to pay for it. w00t! And car is looking good.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #5240
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
I went by the library today to pick up a couple of books I had asked for. I smiled to see how many people take advantage of using the library - and also smiled because I have a new batch of books to read. Oh boy!
We are going to be losing our branch of the library next year. The main library is in Copley Square in Boston. Each neighborhood has their own branch. Depending on how big the neighborhood is, some have two branches. We are on of those. They are building a new state of the art one in an area that the city is trying build up. It used to be the railroad stock yards. So next year they will be closing both of our branches and opening up the one new one. It is too far away from where I live for me to go there. Right now I can go to the one near me on my scooter. But that will end next year. Sadly to say, public transportation will not be serving the new one and is not on a bus route. The location of the new library will not be serving our town very well at all. Bad planning!

« Finally | - »