"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #5381
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
w00t!
+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #5382
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you DL

Sadly though I have gone back a bit and not feeling the best today...but hopefully I get better soon

Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #5383
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #5384
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I did some research and found out why my payment date was changed.

A couple of months ago I applied for Medicaid online. I was approved and found that Medicaid meant that they pay Medicare Part B for me. That was started at the beginning of March, and that's why the deposit date was changed.

I'm really looking forward to no more 5 week months. Plus, early payment if the 3rd falls on the weekend.
So, will the payments be on the same day every month (except the holidays and weekends)?
Old 04-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #5385
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Yep. It's a permanent change.

I'll have to remember to deduct my cable bill estimate from my running balance so I don't forget it (est. $130/mo.). They don't notify me until around the 19th of the month what my actual total is. It varies by a dollar or two each month.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #5386
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Another Big Smile!

I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #5387
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I got another big smile this morning when I realized that I won't have to pay the cable bill ($130+) until next month.

Not only was I $100 ahead when I found out payday was now the 3rd of the month instead of the 3rd Wednesday, but the cable bill comes in later in the month and won't be due until well after next payday.
Whenever I start out ahead I end up behind!
Old 04-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #5388
Honey Badger

Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get?

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #5389
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
+1!!

And glad you're feeling better, Kylie!

Bear with me, this has a happy ending:

Had a very frustrating morning as the iPad, iPhone, and PC at home were not working AT ALL. They were fine last night. No internet connection, even though the signal in the upper left corner showed it was working, and it showed up in Settings. I use a router with a Verizon plug-in thingy. I played around with the stuff for awhile, then went to work, where we do have a (usually unreliable) connection, and the iThings worked, at work. After the Friday from Hell, I came home and played around with the system, unplugging, restarting, etc. Nothing. Then I pushed a hidden button on the router, held my breath, and it worked!!! I'd thought I would have to call Verizon, but now I am reconnected! Yay!!!
I always go for the reset button first. Spike is one of those thingy geeks and has taught me a lot over the years. Everytime I would call him, the first thing he would ask is "Did you try the resewt button?" Of course not. So now I do.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #5390
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Munky View Post
Awwww I just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my husband.

He remembered I love Lillies. HAPPY Anniversary! WOW! 24 got me those, what's 25 get?

Too bad he has to trudge off to work today. We'll do our dinner out on his day off.
What a great guy. You have a keeper. I was lucky that either of my marriages lasted 24 minutes.