"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 05-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #5541
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
My 6 year old grandson, of course.

My daughter called to talk and she related the following. She told Steven they were going to Grampy's on Monday. He asked what are we going to do and she told him eat dinner and stuff. Then all of a sudden the light bulb went on.

"Wait a minute, I don't have school on Monday AND we're going to Grampy's!?!?. OH MY GOD! That's Awesome!
Awwwwww, how sweet!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #5542
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Awwwwww, how sweet!
Yeah, I'm on a par with 'no school'.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #5543
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Yeah, I'm on a par with 'no school'.
Definitely the best Grampy in the world....
Old 05-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #5544
Master Chef

Sprout telling us about her wonderful girls in today's "Venting on a Happy Note" thread. *sniff* Brought a happy tear to my eye...
Old 05-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #5545
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Definitely the best Grampy in the world....
+1!

andy, that's so nice. your comment about "on par with no school" made me smile.

my smile today was sleeping. yep, all day. almost 9 hours while dw took my boy shopping.

but a bigger smile came upon my face, maybe well hidden, when they got home all stressed out. dw asked me how i was able to keep his attention, and how i got him to shop all day on this past mother's day in things like clothing stores (mens and kids) and kitchen stores.

i told her that you not only have to make it fun, but you need to spark his imagination by describing what he can do in the clothes, from fishing trips, (for shorts and shirts), to body surfing the waves (for sandals and bathing suits), to spring school wear (ok, so sweat your butt off in class, ya little bastid, lol. it can't all be rosey).

dw has so little imagination ( except for imagining a decent hubby, lol) but being so hard and practical, she's my anchor.

or else we'd be the crazy family down the block that everyone aviods.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #5546
Executive Chef

Hey now, nothing wrong with being the crazy family. It weeds out the people you'd rather not have to pretend to enjoy talking to and leaves you with just the ones you genuinely like (and who genuine like you in return). Now being the crazy family that secretly kills people (a la The Burbs) is not so great. But harmlessly crazy is just fine.

My smile today was my hubby interupting my getting ready for work to remind me I don't have work today.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #5547
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Hey now, nothing wrong with being the crazy family. It weeds out the people you'd rather not have to pretend to enjoy talking to and leaves you with just the ones you genuinely like (and who genuine like you in return). Now being the crazy family that secretly kills people (a la The Burbs) is not so great. But harmlessly crazy is just fine.

My smile today was my hubby interupting my getting ready for work to remind me I don't have work today.
I was all excited to get to have a day off...until I realized I don't work Mondays anyway... My co-workers get to have an extra day off...
Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #5548
Executive Chef

how many three and four day weekends is it going to take for you to suss out the fact that you are getting ROBBED!!! quick pf,, change your day off, and not mondays or fridays....:)
Old 05-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #5549
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
how many three and four day weekends is it going to take for you to suss out the fact that you are getting ROBBED!!! quick pf,, change your day off, and not mondays or fridays....:)
You mean change my three days off...3 in a row...and I'm not allowed to work weekends (they would have to pay me the weekend differential, a whole extra .10 an hour)... Very limited if I want to continue to have 3 days in a row, which are wonderful.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #5550
Master Chef

I was going to say the really big luna moth we saw when we were out. In fact there was a small (8 year old-ish) boy coming up to the store as we were leaving. I asked if he wanted to see a really cool moth and then pointed it out. He was so excited he called to his grandma to hurry up so she could see it too. Le moth looked pretty comfy hugging the bricks so I think grandma was OK.

Instead I just saw a "news" segment on CBS about Tony Bennett. 86 and still going strong. I've always been an old soul when it comes to some music and have always liked TB. But I also like to rock out. Heck, if anyone saw my CD collection they would think, by its assortment, that those discs belonged to about 3-4 people!

« Finally | - »