"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #5841
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thanks Chops xxx

Yes, you will always have wonderful memories of your lovely mum and that is a precious thing

We are going out clothes shopping together this morning...in about 10 minutes actually...and also some lunch, should be nice
Wish I could join you for lunch. Sounds fun. Enjoy!
__________________

__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #5842
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book!
That's pretty special. Your cousin did a special thing by putting that together. Lucky you.
__________________

__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #5843
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: upper midwest
Posts: 5,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book!
I am so happy for you, what a nice thing for your cousin to do. After my aunt died my cousin took all of the wonderful family picture's my aunt had and burnt them, there were boxes of them.She would never explain why.
__________________
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. Will
Rogers
JoAnn L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #5844
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,928
I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #5845
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,874
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now!
Cool!
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #5846
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Wish I could join you for lunch. Sounds fun. Enjoy!
Anytime Chops xxx
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #5847
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #5848
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.
Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #5849
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now!
LP--you should try Kool Aid dyeing (it is always easier to dye at s/one else's house, but...), you can do Kool Aid dyeing in the microwave. I suspect the woman hand-painted the yarn. I used to hand-paint warps (with dye) before warping my loom. I have gorgeous stuff that I made using that technique. Messy, but fun. You'll have to post a picture! I wanna see!
__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #5850
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!
Sweet. I used to put my 2 Saints in the back of my Volvo wagon, the 2 Newfs in the back seat, and my mixed breed in the front passenger seat and go for gas on Friday afternoons at the station that gave out dog biscuits. I had to stop doing that after I almost caused a 3 car pile up because people gawked when I drove down the street...I always thought it would make a cute Volvo ad...
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.