"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #5841
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thanks Chops xxx

Yes, you will always have wonderful memories of your lovely mum and that is a precious thing

We are going out clothes shopping together this morning...in about 10 minutes actually...and also some lunch, should be nice
Wish I could join you for lunch. Sounds fun. Enjoy!

Old 07-31-2013, 01:48 AM   #5842
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book!
That's pretty special. Your cousin did a special thing by putting that together. Lucky you.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #5843
Master Chef

Quote:
I just got the most beautiful book in the mail, a compilation of pictures taken by my cousin from when we had a recent family reunion/memorial for Mom in Canada. Though it was a rough trip in more ways than one, she managed to capture all the best moments. What a beautiful book!
I am so happy for you, what a nice thing for your cousin to do. After my aunt died my cousin took all of the wonderful family picture's my aunt had and burnt them, there were boxes of them.She would never explain why.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #5844
Certified Cake Maniac

I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #5845
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am smiling at the package of new wool that just arrived! It is hand dyed by a woman in Alaska and the shades are beautiful. I have to finish my slipper project first before I can use it but I have incentive now!
Cool!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #5846
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Wish I could join you for lunch. Sounds fun. Enjoy!
Anytime Chops xxx
Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #5847
Chef Extraordinaire

A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #5848
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
A friend arrived with her 5 lb Papillion dog (cutest little fellow) Friday evening. Once in the house, he immediately decided I was his new best friend and hopped on my lap (where he stayed until it was time to call it a night). Saturday morning I let the girls out (we were curious to see his reaction--the girls are bigger he is). He stood on the deck and watched them. I was in the yard feeding. I called him and he came running to me lickety-split. Once he got to me, he sat on my foot. Well, the girls have only seen BIG dogs.

Myrtle: Is that a RAT? Squawk! Squawk!
Harriet: It can't be a RAT! It doesn't have a TAIL!

The whole flock got in on this discussion. They were running back and forth, squawking! Stretching their necks, puffing up their feathers, flapping their wings. I could not stop laughing. I had to pick the poor little boy up and bring him in the house. After that, every time he went outside, he'd look to see if there were any of those "scary" birds on the deck.
Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #5849
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
LP--you should try Kool Aid dyeing (it is always easier to dye at s/one else's house, but...), you can do Kool Aid dyeing in the microwave. I suspect the woman hand-painted the yarn. I used to hand-paint warps (with dye) before warping my loom. I have gorgeous stuff that I made using that technique. Messy, but fun. You'll have to post a picture! I wanna see!
Old 08-04-2013, 03:07 PM   #5850
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Poor little guy!

In my third attempt to pick up my prescription yesterday, I picked up Beagle from the vet (she had a lump removed from her chest) and we went through the drug store drive thru. The phamacist who waited on me excused herself, and came back with 5 other pharms, who all oohed and ahhed over Beagle, apparently this is standard procedure, they all adore dogs and babies!
Sweet. I used to put my 2 Saints in the back of my Volvo wagon, the 2 Newfs in the back seat, and my mixed breed in the front passenger seat and go for gas on Friday afternoons at the station that gave out dog biscuits. I had to stop doing that after I almost caused a 3 car pile up because people gawked when I drove down the street...I always thought it would make a cute Volvo ad...