"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #6351
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Congrats! An exciting next chapter! I'm pea-green with envy!



Me either, PF. No worries. We will move on until they buy us out to get rid of us.
I think I heard they were getting a room and bed ready for me...
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #6352
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
My daughter and grandson came over this morning and we spent the day together. He is 3 years old and so sweet and funny. Lots of smiles today!

Another grandson (my littlest little) had his first birthday yesterday. We'll go down to visit them within the next couple of weeks, they live about 2 hours away. That way, we can also celebrate another grandson's 5th birthday, which is the first week in March. LOVE those babies so much!
__________________

__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:39 AM   #6353
Master Chef
 
Cheryl J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I think I heard they were getting a room and bed ready for me...
__________________
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #6354
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Thanks Kathleen! I could do what I did forever too, but sadly, I had a supervisor who made it her life's mission to make my life miserable. Moving on!

And I can sleep in tomorrow!
It is so bad when others make one's working life so miserable.

Papa found one of the managers in one of his businesses was mean to the employees. He fired the manager, spoke with all the employees, and managed it until he found a manager he and they liked.

It took him three weeks, but it was worth this, for he talked to them and listened to them. He said they were very good people and should not have been treated badly.

I'm sorry this happened to you. This wasn't fair. I do hope you're happier now, yes?

With love,
~Cat
__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #6355
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
My daughter and grandson came over this morning and we spent the day together. He is 3 years old and so sweet and funny. Lots of smiles today!

Another grandson (my littlest little) had his first birthday yesterday. We'll go down to visit them within the next couple of weeks, they live about 2 hours away. That way, we can also celebrate another grandson's 5th birthday, which is the first week in March. LOVE those babies so much!
Now that sounds like the kind of day I need...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #6356
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
the russian police choir rocking out to daft punk's 'get lucky' at the sochi olympics ceremony. those uniform-clad russian law enforcement officials, dancin', prancin' and joyful, 'staying up all night to get lucky'. putin must be proud.
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #6357
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Knowing that I am officially retired as of last Friday!
Didn't realize I'd missed this.

Congratulations, Dawg. Retirement is an awesome thing. I thought it was a cliche phrase when retired folks said they never had enough time to get everything done. Nope...not a cliche at all. The hours just fly by.

I was sort of forced into retirement after Buck died. There was no way I could have managed our business all by myself, so I retired in late 2009 about 16 months after he died. I've been on a roll ever since. I can't imagine squeezing the time to have a job.

I think one of the best parts about being retired is there is NO schedule to follow. I quit wearing a watch and, some days, don't even know what day it is. No reason to, unless there's an appointment of some sort.

Enjoy every minute of it. You earned it.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #6358
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,096
Thanks Cat and Katie! So far it's been great! And you're right, Katie, the days go fast!

Vit, I got a huge kick out of that too!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #6359
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,248
A post in my facebook newsfeed this morning. "JUST ONE DAY until pitchers and catchers report...". It's baseball season again! Go Tribe! Love 'em, win or lose. And as a Cleveland sports fan, I'm pretty much used to losing...
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #6360
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Didn't realize I'd missed this.

Congratulations, Dawg. Retirement is an awesome thing. I thought it was a cliche phrase when retired folks said they never had enough time to get everything done. Nope...not a cliche at all. The hours just fly by.

I was sort of forced into retirement after Buck died. There was no way I could have managed our business all by myself, so I retired in late 2009 about 16 months after he died. I've been on a roll ever since. I can't imagine squeezing the time to have a job.

I think one of the best parts about being retired is there is NO schedule to follow. I quit wearing a watch and, some days, don't even know what day it is. No reason to, unless there's an appointment of some sort.

Enjoy every minute of it. You earned it.
I got Shrek a "Day of the Week" clock. I got tired of telling him what day it was....especially if I didn't remember.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.