"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Birthdays, Good Thoughts and DC Hugs

Old 07-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #6591
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Nice kid. The ones at the grocery where I shop are just as helpful, all of them. I finally had to tell them my cardiologist insists that if I'm going to eat the food I have to carry it.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #6592
Chef Extraordinaire

The Market Basket that I go to is the flagship of all the others in this state and NH. It is huge, fairly new, and unlike a Walmart which tries to meet every need for every family. This is a grocery store only. The old Market Basket that it replaced was dirty, crowded and most of the employees didn't speak English. The Queen could go shopping there and find it a pleasant experience.

Because I use one of the many electric carts, employees go out of their way to be helpful. If I ask what aisle has ketchup, they will not only tell me but walk with me and get it off the shelf. They never fail to ask, "is there anything I can help you with?" Then they go back to what they were doing.

I have even had a couple rearranged my cart. I have a habit of just tossing the items in the basket. They straighten it out and all of a sudden I have so much more room. I really need to get a letter off to the manager letting him know how pleasant my shopping experience is in their new store.

They all speak English. Some with an accent, but English non-the-less. The aisles are really wide and the floors are spotless. No one is screeching over the intercom for an employee to report to their cash register.

I think if I were still able to work, that is the first place I would apply to. Even as a bagger. Close to home and bus service right to their door.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #6593
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
This was great Taxy! Thanks for sharing. Isn't it odd how some people are just plain oblivious? I guess "you gotta have the music in ya". I quite enjoyed it!
The woman in grey doesn't look best pleased.

I haven't got room for my beloved piano at this house. It's sitting in the old house until we get a tenant but I don't know what to do with it then. It was my grandmother's and I learned to play on it when I was a girl. It'll be 100 years old next year.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #6594
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cook View Post
The woman in grey doesn't look best pleased.

I haven't got room for my beloved piano at this house. It's sitting in the old house until we get a tenant but I don't know what to do with it then. It was my grandmother's and I learned to play on it when I was a girl. It'll be 100 years old next year.
I sure hope you find a way to put it in your home. Put on your thinking cap.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #6595
Master Chef

Himself put a little giggle on my lips last night. When I got home from running errands he came out to the garage to get the grocery bags. When I got into the house I noticed the TV was off, but I knew it was on when I came up the driveway. After the groceries were in the kitchen he went back to the living room, turned the TV back on (CSI was on), and started to tell me that for some reason CBS's schedule was out of whack. Seems some "reality cooking show" was on when he turned the TV off to get the groceries, but now it was CSI. Five minutes later I hear "ARGGGGG!!!" coming from his chair. Oops, that "reality cooking show" was the plot line for CSI.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:44 PM   #6596
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself put a little giggle on my lips last night. When I got home from running errands he came out to the garage to get the grocery bags. When I got into the house I noticed the TV was off, but I knew it was on when I came up the driveway. After the groceries were in the kitchen he went back to the living room, turned the TV back on (CSI was on), and started to tell me that for some reason CBS's schedule was out of whack. Seems some "reality cooking show" was on when he turned the TV off to get the groceries, but now it was CSI. Five minutes later I hear "ARGGGGG!!!" coming from his chair. Oops, that "reality cooking show" was the plot line for CSI.
ROFL!!!! That's happened to me, too!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #6597
Chef Extraordinaire

This made me not just smile but lmao! Yes, this has happened to me. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/ent...yoga-518313193
Old 07-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #6598
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
This made me not just smile but lmao! Yes, this has happened to me. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!

Pets Interrupting Yoga (VIDEO) - Huffington Post

ROFL!!!

I had to adapt my yoga set the other night to accommodate Latté, she decided I needed purring company.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #6599
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Getting this nerdtastic gift in the mail, made by my aunt!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 PM   #6600
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Aw!! It's a cherry pie quilt!!! Excellent! And other fruit pies.

« Finally | - »